Our client is currently seeking a Human Resource Generalist for their Manufacturing Facility in Nebraska.
• Working to improve and sustain a positive employee relations climate in an organization within a large union operation
• Providing oversight of the all human resources functions within the manufacturing plant.
• Providing day-to-day leadership and guidance regarding employment issues including employee relations functions
• Advising and coaching management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
• Providing coaching and support to managers to facilitate the positive resolution of employee situations including performance improvement, disciplinary actions and terminations
• Main point of contact for HR policy guidance and interpretation
• Working proactively to accomplish company’s inclusion and diversity goals.
• Union experience a plus
• Must have a working knowledge of federal, state and local laws/regulations relating to human resources and labor relations including: OFCCP, EEO/Affirmative Action, NLRA, FLSA, FMLA, with the ability to liaise with Employee Relations team and function as a subject matter expert
• Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills, demonstrate strong interpersonal savvy, business acumen, emotional quotient, and the ability to develop effective partnerships at all levels within to function effectively as a strong business partner
• Excellent analytical, project management, and problem-solving skills required to develop and manage the execution of people related projects
• Intermediate proficiency in MS Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Must be authorized to work in the US
• The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
• PHR or SPHR certification preferred
• Knowledge of HRIS systems