Under the direction and guidance of the Director of Human Resources, will receive training in the management of the human resource function including human resource policies and procedures, benefits, safety, compensation, training and development, employee relations and communications. Provide assistance in a staff capacity to the Director of Human Resources in implementing personnel and labor relations responsibilities. Position requires demonstration of competency for all on-the-job activities that may have a direct or indirect affect on product safety, legality and/or quality.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/MAJOR DUTIES
Responsibilities are included, but not limited to:
- To learn and understand the company#39;s human resources and labor relations policies, procedures and programs.
- Assists Director of Human Resources with the performance of assigned functions in the director s absence (employee orientations, reports, etc).
- Manages payroll for the facility including compiling, distributing and tracking performance evaluations, the accurate input of wage increases, and the accurate input of data to ensure compliance with governmental reporting requirements.
- Maintains personnel records of employees to meet federal, state and local recordkeeping requirements.
- Manages facility achievement awards program.
- Prepares and maintains accident reports (Workers Compensation, Vehicle Accident, Product Liability, etc.) in accordance with company policies and any applicable laws. May assist with accident investigations and may serve on safety committee.
- Prepares and submits group insurance, medical and disability claims to comply with all applicable laws and company policies.
- Acts as liaison between company and health insurance administrator.
- Accurately prepares and submits on a timely basis all required reports including governmental compliance reports.
- Accurately prepares Credit League transactions in accordance with established procedures.
- Responds to requests for employment and salary verification.
- Distributes Incentive Programs awards and prepares and distributes applicable communication.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area.
- To develop skills, knowledge and experience of the Human Resources function as applied with Flowers Industries in order to fulfill future positions of Director of Human Resources.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervision.
- Practice and comply with all Company policies and procedures (EEO, Harassment, Safety, Sarbanes Oxley, etc.)
- Performance of other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures.
Ability to represent the Human Resource Department to various levels of management and employees in all types of personnel situations. Must have the ability to operate within the framework of recommended training and development guidance.
A four-year degree in Human Resources Management or related field.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent total rewards package. Please reply by 10/23/2020. Resumes are active for 30 days. Interested job seekers who successfully complete the series of pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the basic qualifications for this position may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due to a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Michele Renea Parsley at Michele.Parsley flocorp.com or 870 793-6851.