J&J Snack Foods Corporation is an American manufacturer, marketer, and distributor of branded niche snack foods and frozen beverages for the food service and retail supermarket industries. Its products include such icons as SUPERPRETZEL and ICEE, fan favorites like Luigi’s Italian Ice, The Funnel Cake Factory Funnel Cakes, and Tio Pepe’s Churros, as well as a host of other products spanning the baked goods, frozen beverages, and frozen novelties categories.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Human Resources Generalist will be working in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment. The successful incumbent will work with the Human Resources Manager in leading activities in the manufacturing plant and be a strategic partner to the plant leadership team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
-Requires ability to travel to Vernon & Colton plants to provide onsite HR support, generally 3 days at Vernon & 2 days at Colton.
-Requires bilingual speaking, reading & writing skills in English & Spanish.
-Knowledgeable about labor law (state & federal). Experience enforcing applicable labor laws & Company policy.
-Minimum 5 years' experience handling employee relations and conflict resolution and investigations.
-Minimum 3 years' experience recruiting, sourcing, and onboarding candidates from hourly to exempt-level.
-Experience handling HRIS data entry & generating required reports. UltiPro experience a plus.
-Experience in LOA administration processing - FMLA, CFRA, PDL, Personal, ADA/FEHA.
-Knowledgeable handling Worker compensation claims management.
-Experience writing Job Descriptions and working with supervisors to do ADA analysis.
-Experience working with Benefits administration, including Open Enrollment.
-Experience working with Temporary agencies on a large scale.
-Experience responding to UI claims & representing company at UI hearings.
-Complete special projects, duties and assignments as assigned
• No direct reports
• Strong communication skills; verbal and written
• Ability to solve complex matters
• Ability to influence others
• Maintain constant drive for results
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field required
• SHRM PHR/SPHR preferred
• Five (5) plus years in Human Resources required
• Five (5) plus years in a manufacturing environment preferred
• Three (3) plus years in a generalist/HR Representative role
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office software including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
•Ability to work under pressure and to react to situations with a strong sense of urgency
• Solid problem solving, project management, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
• Detail oriented, organized, reliable and resourceful
• Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment
J&J Snack Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer – qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender,