The Human Resources Generalist is responsible to provide Human Resources support and guidance to the Cardinal Plant. The primary focus areas for this role are related to: staffing, recruiting, collective agreement administration, labour relations, WSIB, return to work coordination, employee relations, employee wellness and community relations. This role will also work on ad hoc projects to improve processes and implement projects to support the plant#39;s HR strategy.
- Lead recruitment efforts for the plant including screening, interviewing, staffing and onboarding process for site.
- Proactively identify future plant human resource requirements for staffing and manpower planning.
- Site analyst and resource for HRIS and Time & Attendance System
- Resource to managers and supervisors to provide interpretation of/and apply human resource policies to ensure consistent application across the plant while working with management to balance business and employee needs.
- Identify areas of improvement with the HR function
- Interface with 3rd party pension and benefit providers to ensure plan obligations are fulfilled on a timely basis.
- Manage WSIB claims management, coordinator for return to work, attendance management and compliance with statutory leave.
- Participate in training and development needs assessment and implementation of development plans for salaried employees in conjunction with managers.
- Administration of collective agreement functions including job vacancies, scheduling and contract allowances.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures to support managers and leads in administering the collective agreement.
- Coordinate and organize plant efforts to sustain and promote community relations.
- Lead employee relations, company events and wellness activities.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor#39;s degree with 3-5 years of relevant Human Resources experience or a Bachelor#39;s Degree in a related field; Human Resources, Labour Relations, etc.
- Experience working with HRIS software such as Workday.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask effectively.
- Knowledgeable in Employment Standards and collective agreement administration
- Ability to manage confidential data
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Demonstrated high level of integrity and sincerity
- Proactive and innovative with a strong will to succeed
- Ability to deliver results in a very challenging and fast-paced environment
- Experience within manufacturing industry would be an asset
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula. Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance. Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business. Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.