Develop and maintain effective working relationships at each of the SEMO locations and with DFA Corporate HR personnel to facilitate engagement of human resources policies, programs and procedures. Process bi-weekly payroll. Address employee questions and inquiries in a timely manner. Recommend process improvement and efficiencies within scope of responsibilities to enhance the human resources function. Assist management in implementing and optimizing culture and people programs to cultivate and sustain an environment where top talent wants to work.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide counsel to managers and employees regarding human resources policies, programs and procedures to ensure compliance and support with company guidelines and employment law
- Coordinate employee communication regarding human resources programs and employee announcements to ensure consistent messaging to the organization
- Maintain all required company, state, and federal postings at each location
- Process bi-weekly payroll for employees. Understand and apply wage and labor laws to payroll. Respond to payroll related inquiries and maintain payroll and employee records in accordance with the DFA record retention policy
- Partner with DFA Corporate HR to ensure employees receive appropriate information on benefit enrollment. Coordinate the onsite wellness initiatives and field employee benefits questions. Administer required paperwork and coordinate FMLA, STD, and Worker#39;s Compensation programs
- Manage the recruitment process for non-exempt positions and partner with DFA Corporate HR in recruitment of exempt level positions. Work closely with hiring managers as a trusted advisor throughout the process. Coordinate requisitions, internal and external job postings, applicant/candidate correspondence, interview schedules, job descriptions, references, offer letters, drug screens and background checks, requisition closeout, new employee set-up and on-boarding. Manage correspondence between applicants, recruiting source and hiring manager
- Process new hires, terminations, employee status change transactions, employment verifications, etc. Generate ad hoc reports as requested. Complete monthly HR metrics reports
- Coordinate employee events including the annual holiday party, recognition and retirement events, volunteer activities, corporate giving campaign, and the wellness program
- Work with employment agencies to communicate company requirements in recruiting talent
- Approve monthly invoices for human resources related billings including drug screens, background checks and employment agencies
- Participate in special projects in the areas of performance management, on-boarding, compensation, and training and development
- Conduct research on HR best practices. Assist in process development and implementation for a variety of human resources best practices
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned.