DiscoverFresh Foods is a leader in the ready to eat & bakery manufacturing industry. In addition to our own line of fine food products we provide solutions to Private Label, National Brand, and co-pack clients across the US and the world. Our services aim at achieving client goals by focusing on the desired end user experience. As a leader in the industry, we constantly adapt to new technologies and are looking for qualified individuals to join our growing team to support our efforts.
The HR Administrative Assistant will perform a variety of personnel-related administrative tasks. You will support the HR department in duties like posting job ads, updating HR database and processing employee requests. This position requires excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle sensitive information confidentially. The person in this role must be passionate about HR policies and procedures, making a difference and creating a nourishing workplace.
- Provide office support in the screening, interviewing, and testing of applicants
- Notify existing staff of available internal positions or opportunities
- Maintain personnel records using information technology equipment
- Assist HR managers to obtain temporal staff from contract agencies
- Carry out payment processing by calculating employee salary, distributing checks, and maintaining payroll records
- Prepare paperwork for human resources policies and procedures
- Process employees’ requests and provide relevant documentation or reporting
- Professionally handle complaints and grievance procedures
- Manage the department’s telephone center and address queries accordingly
- Prepare reports and presentations for internal communications
- Provide information on company operations to orient new employees, including new hire training
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data like absences, bonuses, and leaves
- Update human resources databases by inputting information on new hires, separations, vacations, and sick leaves
- Prepare passes, identification cards and badges for employees according to their ranks
- Monitor unemployment claims by reviewing claims, substantiating documentation, and requesting legal counsel review
- Document human resources actions by completing forms, logs, and records
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications
- Answer phone calls and sort incoming mail
- Correspond with Security to meet/greet incoming guests, visitors, applicants and clients or customers
- Basic Labor/Employment law knowledge
Bachelor’s degree in human resources, labor relations, or organizational development, or in a related discipline. Proven experience as a human resources assistant or clerk accepted
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Word processing skills
- Spreadsheet preparation and tracking skills
- Calendaring skills
- Presentation skills
- Administrative writing and reporting skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Basic Labor and Employment Law knowledge
- Previous HR Experience
Physical and Mental Requirements of this job:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk and talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must infrequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an indoor manufacturing environment. The employee will work in areas exposed to production activities to include but not limited to production machinery, assembly operations, overhead cranes usage, and forklift traffic. The employee will be required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to workplace hazards.
Mental Demands: While performing the duties of this class, the employee is regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; and interact with other employees, customers and vendors.