Home Market Foods is a dynamic food manufacturing company that is the market leader in a number of meat-based meal and snack categories. We have grown substantially across our markets through excellence in innovation, operations, and customer service. This success has been nurtured by our ownership group and an expanding team of world-class leaders. HMF is building on our track record through complementary acquisitions and a growing number of business development initiatives. HMF's business model is poised to continue to thrive and offer greater opportunities for our customers and team.
With corporate headquarters in Needham, MA and a manufacturing facility in Norwood, MA, we are comfortably located within the Boston metropolitan area.
We are growing at a rapid rate, and our success is directly dependent on attracting and retaining the best possible talent across our functions. To this end, we are posting for a strong HR Generalist. This position will be based in our Norwood, MA manufacturing facility.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The HR Generalist is responsible for the implementation of policies and programs meant to foster positive relations between employees and the organization. This role will participate in resolving employee relations issues, support the administration of benefits and leave programs, work with our Talent Acquisition team on the interview, hiring and onboarding process, as well as assisting with training and development programs aimed at our hourly workforce. The Generalist will work closely with managers and supervisors to guide and train them on managing performance and behavior. This role will also partner closely with the rest of the HR team, EHS, and the employment attorney. The days and hours for this role are Monday through Friday from 7am-4pm.
- Manage all employee issues and investigations by attempting to understand root causes of the issue through interviews with the employees involved. Upon thorough investigation, this role will help to resolve the issues through mediation, coaching and educating the parties involved.
- Maintain clear and up to date records of investigations and employee interactions. Work closely with members with the HR team, especially the HR BPs, to keep them informed.
- Advises and trains managers and supervisors in best employee relations practices and strategies for managing supervisor problems and employee grievances. Develops further training as needed.
- Manage the administration of all employee engagement surveys, including the analysis and presentation of the data. Conducts or moderates employee surveys, focus groups, or exit interviews.
- Continually updates policies, including the employee handbook, in compliance with MA and Federal laws. Researches and explains laws and legal affairs concerning employment to managers, supervisors, and employees.
- Responds to inquiries from employees and/or external parties (e.g. status of claims, leave eligibility, etc.) for the purpose of resolving issues, facilitating communication among parties, and/or providing information or direction.
- Works with the Talent Acquisition team as needed to facilitate the interview and onboarding process
- Collaborates closely with HR teammates on projects, sharing learnings, and covering responsibilities during time off
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 4 - 6 years' of experience in a HR Generalist or Employee Relations role
- Solid knowledge of and experience in labor law in a non-union environment required
- Excellent oral and written English skills; fluency in Portuguese desired
- Strong ability to build relationships, trust and to engage others
- Ability to assess and diagnose root causes of issues, when working with employees
- Ability to uplift others through coaching, mentoring and through mediation
- Committed team member who enjoys collaboration and solving problems as a team
Please visit http://homemarketfoods.applicantpro.com/jobs/ to complete our online application form.