Human Resource Assistant Manager
Reports To: Human Resource Manager
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
The Human Resources team is searching for dynamic individual to join our everyday mission to discover, hire, and retain great talent. These personnel are the conduit for positive employee relations, performance management, and focal point for benefits/compensation. You would be instrumental in achieving our goal of serving our employees with the best customer service around!
This position is responsible for assisting the Human Resources Manager in the operation of the Plant HR Department with the purpose of maintaining an effective and efficient human resource function. Possesses specialized knowledge of HR Systems, processes, and procedures.
What You Would Be Doing
- Establishes and maintains effective and supportive relationships with plant management and employees.
- Oversees the on-boarding and in-processing for employees new to the plant and the off-boarding of employees exiting the plant.
- Assists in the collection and dissemination of information through appropriate communication channels to plant employees on behalf of plant management.
- Facilitates effective interpersonal communication among employees, Supervisors, and Managers.
- Maintains a positive employee relations environment for the entire facility.
- Facilitate workplace investigations or other inquires (under guidance of HR Manager) arising out of needs expressed by employees and/or manifestation of policy or rule infraction(s).
- Assure production employee retention for the facility is maintained at an acceptable level to achieve business unit success. This also includes data entry into the time/attendance keeping system and management of the internal job application processes as well as paid time off program.
- Assist in coordinating all staffing functions for exempt and non-exempt employment, including but not limited to: recruitment, orientation, and training.
- Oversee the handling of employee benefit enrollments, questions, or inquiries.
- May assist Human Resources Manager in providing position and performance guidance based upon human resources policies and procedures. Including but not limited to records entry/management, employee inquiries, and community relations activities.
- Provide direction/leadership to HR Generalists in servicing employee needs and performing the overall Human Resources & employment functions for the facility, as needed.
- Preparation and delivery of disciplinary actions and separation notices for employees separating with cause and may conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- May represent company at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Supports the functional areas of human resources including, but not limited to, recruitment and employment, personnel records, employee relations, payroll, benefits administration, training, AA/EEO, FMLA administration, investigations, and special projects.
- Assists with the development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures through employee booklets, communications, and/or meetings.
- This position has oversight of the clerical functions of HR.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization#39;s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, and hiring employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
What We Are Looking For
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor#39;s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Business Management or related field, and 3+ years of Human Resources related experience and/or training, required.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) would be a huge plus!
- Leadership/project management experience preferred.
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Possess specialized knowledge of HR systems, processes, and procedures.
- Experience in administration of benefits, compensation/payroll, and other programs; preferred.
- Knowledge of Human Resource systems; Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customer or employees of organization.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed including occasional weekends.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Much of the time is spent in an office setting outside of the production plant. The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear.
What We Offer
- We foster a culture that is saturated in hard work, but still team focused. We offer 100% of employee medical insurance premium paid by the Company. Additional benefits offered include dental, vision, life insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability - Holidays as well as Paid Time Off/Vacation.