Human Relations Generalist
Employment Type: Regular
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas#39; English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann#39;s or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world#39;s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Human Relations Generalist is a Champion of People, Diversity and Inclusion for the Plant supporting the Plant Manager and Sales BU, local leadership and hourly associates on three shifts and sales in multiple locations. The HRG is responsible for the HR function providing best in class services that facilitate greater effectiveness throughout the bakery and sales BU. HRG#39;s have strong labor relations, proven HRG skills that will engage the business. HRG#39;s have the ability to influence leadership and ability to link business objectives back to organizational effectiveness.
Key Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Human Relations Generalist - HR Generalist is a Change Agent and a Business Partner to their Plant Manager and Sales Directors. As an HR Professional, responsible for the ownership of all initiatives for the Plant and Sales Locations that are related to the Human Relations Function.
- Administration: help manage headcount, turnover, exit interviews, attendance tracking, and Trendata as it relates to HR invoice processing. Maintain current job descriptions as positions evolve with management regarding staffing and organizational needs.
- Associate Learning & Development: conduct new associate orientation sessions and other HR related training programs such as DSDE, 2020 GB Leader, Diversity and Inclusion, Labor Relations and Respect in the Workplace. Facilitate new hire safety orientation training and additional training needs assessments as needed by the Plant and Sales BU.
- Associate Programs: including administering the annual Benefits Open Enrollment Process, Safety Perception survey, Pulse quarterly survey, etc. and answering and responding timely to associates HR inquires.
- Associate Relations: assisting HR Manager with developing and implementing effective Positive Associate Relations programs. Administration of Rewards & Recognition.
- Centralized recruiting: Act as the HR point of contact in the plant and sales BU to support the recruiting for salaried positions managed through Centralized Recruiting. Maintain, deliver and continuously improve an effective on-boarding program for new hires aligned with corporate and local requirements driving retention of top talent.
- Talent Acquisition: Create, deliver and manage an annual hourly staffing plan. Manage the pipeline of key talent for BBU by managing open positions through the full recruitment life cycle for hourly level positions and salaried positions within the facilities. In the absence of the HR Manager, required to interview all salaried candidates. Responsible for compliance management for the recruitment files (e.g., resumes, interview notes, calibration and selection process).
- Talent Management: Own and drive the process for the Plant and Sales in regards to associate profiles, goal setting, development plans, midyear reviews, annual goal evaluation and succession planning.
- HR/Organization Consulting: Required to live, engage in, and coach others on the E4HAVIORS. Change management facilitation and organizational consulting with all levels of associates supporting our Manufacturing Transformation and DSDE goals. Manage the maintenance of HR files and I-9#39;s for compliance.
- Performance Management: Transparent partner by working with the people managers to determine appropriate course of action with regard to staffing, hiring, performance management, safety and/or attendance concerns. Partner as a coach with salaried leaders and participate in hourly meetings with supervisors and associates. Lead the process and communication for annual merit and performance reviews.
- Policy Management: Administer and interpret company Policies and CBA#39;s representing the organization (and/or assisting the HR Manager) in personnel and employment law compliance related investigations, grievances and hearings, etc.
- Standard Leader Work: HRBP supporting Manufacturing Transformation and DSDE.
- Systems: Manage monthly HRIS audits and Requisitions. Create and report out on HR metrics identifying key trends and the ability to recommend improvements.
- Assist and support all HR activities/other duties as needed.
Bachelor#39;s degree in HR or related field required.
3+ years progressive human resource generalist experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
PHR a plus.
Labor Relations highly desired.
Demonstrate the ability to be coachable and trainable for cross-training/development within the HR function in preparation for future progression.
Proficient with Microsoft Office applications required.
Experience with online recruitment systems.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong prioritization skills.
Demonstrated multi-tasking and project management skills.
Excellent planning and organizational skills.
Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
Ability to be resourceful, demonstrate business acumen, creative thinking skills and be able to act as a decision maker.
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100% renewable electrical energy since July 2019, with energy created through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement with Invenergy
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year in 2018 and 2019 for superior leadership, innovation and commitment to environmental protection through energy efficiency
- We have 14 ENERGY STAR Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste from landfill
- 360 of our company-owned vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane, compressed natural gas, and electric
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.