Human Relations Generalist
Employment Type: Regular
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas#39; English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann#39;s or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world#39;s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Human Relations Generalist (HRG) is a Champion of People, Diversity and Inclusion. The HRG will support multiple plants, Plant Managers, local leadership and hourly associates on three shifts. The HRG is responsible for the HR function providing best in class services that facilitate greater effectiveness throughout the bakeries. HRG#39;s have strong labor relations, proven HRG skills that will engage the business. HRG#39;s have the ability to influence leadership and ability to link business objectives back to organizational effectiveness.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Policy Management: Administer and interpret company Policies and CBA#39;s representing the organization (and/or assisting the HR Manager) in personnel and employment law compliance related investigations, grievances and hearings.
- HR Operations: Manage the maintenance of HR files and I-9#39;s for compliance.
- Performance Management: Transparent partner by working with the people managers to determine the appropriate course of action with regard to staffing, hiring, performance management, safety or/or attendance concerns. Partner as a coach with salaried leaders and participate in hourly meetings with supervisors and employees. Lead the process and communication for annual merit and performance reviews.
- HR/Organization Consulting: including change management facilitation and organizational consulting with all levels of employees supporting our Transformation goals.
- Employee Programs: including administering the annual Benefits Open Enrollment Process, Safety Perception survey, and answering and responding timely to associates HR inquiries
- Talent Acquisition: Create, deliver and manage an annual hourly staffing plan. Manage the pipeline of key talent for BBU by managing open positions through the full recruitment life cycle for hourly level positions within the facilities. Responsible for compliance management for the recruitment files (e.g., resumes, interview notes, calibration and selection process).
- Centralized recruiting: Act as the HR point of contact to support the recruiting for salaried positions managed through Centralized Recruiting. Maintain, deliver and continuously improve an effective onboarding program for new hires aligned with corporate and local requirements driving retention of top talent.
- Talent Management: Own and drive the process for the Sales team in regards to associate profiles, goal setting, development plans, midyear reviews, annual goal evaluation and succession planning.
- Employee Learning & Development: conduct new employee orientation sessions and other HR related training programs such as Leadership Transformation, 2020 GB Leader, Labor and Respect in the Workplace. Facilitate new hire safety orientation training and additional training needs assessments as needed.
- Employee Relations: assisting HR Manager with developing and implementing effective Positive Employee Relations programs. Employee event planning and administration of Rewards & Recognition.
- Systems: Manage monthly HRIS audits and Requisitions. Create and report out on HR metrics identifying key trends and the ability to recommend improvements.
- Administration: manage headcount, turnover, exit interviews, attendance tracking, and invoice processing. Maintain current job descriptions as positions evolve with management regarding staffing and organizational needs.
- Assist and support all other HR activities/duties as needed
Bachelor Degree in business or related field preferred.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- 3+ years progressive human resource generalist experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Labor Relations highly desired.
- Demonstrate the ability to be coachable and trainable for cross-training/development within the HR function in preparation for future progression.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and project management skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to be resourceful, demonstrate business acumen, creative thinking skills and be able to act as a decision maker.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.