Manufacturer of prepared, refrigerated foods supplying foodservice and grocery retail. 150K sq.ft. Plant, 5-day week, 3-shift, employing 300.
Ensure the company’s compliance with safety and environmental procedures. Implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and advises management on safety compliance concerns and preventative actions. Plans, implements and conducts training for employees in work site safety practices. Maintains safety files and records. Conducts post-accident investigation and prepares reports and works with Workers Compensation cases.
Maintains environmental reports including Tier 2 Reporting, Storm Water Permits, SPCC and maintains Emergency Response plans. Works closely with plant management in optimizing opportunities to reduce risks using Ergonomic evaluation and Job Safety Analysis. Oversee compliance with inspections, fire equipment, emergency response vehicle components, AED units, hoists, ladders, eye wash stations and stored respirators. Department supervision responsibilities for 3 Safety Coordinators.
Overnight travel: 10-20%.
- 5+ years of safety work experience with preference experience in food manufacturing industry.
- Experience in a company with 800 + employees is preferred.
- Bi-lingual Spanish preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations (General industry) required.
- Knowledge of MOSH and EPA regulations preferred.
- 1st Aid/CPR/AED Certification.
- Understanding RMP and PSM a plus.
- Knowledge of Kronos HRIS a plus.
- $90-100K, 10% bonus, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation, ETO.