Hostess Brands LLC is one of the largest packaged food companies focused on developing, manufacturing, marketing, selling and distributing fresh baked sweet goods in the United States. The brand#39;s history dates back to 1919, when the Hostess CupCake was introduced to the public, followed by Twinkies® in 1930. Today, Hostess produces a variety of new and classic treats including Ding Dongs®, Ho Hos®, Donettes® and Fruit Pies, in addition to Twinkies® and CupCakes. Hostess Brands also represents the Dolly Madison, Voortman, Big Texas, and Clover Hill brands.
The Human Resources Specialist provides general human resource assistance to the Corporate HR department, Field HR teams, and employees. This position will include support surrounding HR information systems, compensation, employee relations, training, benefits and/or personnel record management. The Human Resource Specialist applies corporate HR policies, procedures and programs in accordance to company policy, federal and state laws. This position will support US & Canada based businesses.
- Responsible for administration of human resource processes such as payroll, timekeeping and attendance, federal and state compliance reporting, and unemployment claims.
- Assist in the administration of human resource programs such as, compliance programs including EEO, AAP, drug and background investigations, related reporting, talent management, employee relations, and training.
- Partner with our Voortman Human Resources Team to assist with Canadian HR activities such as data entry and, payroll activities.
- Provides internal customer service to employees by answering questions, resolving issues and providing information about human resources processes and programs; doing so in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responsible for all data maintenance of new hires, transfers, promotions, changes in pay & termination in HCM system.
- Partners with Payroll Specialist to export and review payroll reports during companywide payroll processing.
- Ensures all HR administrative and/or clerical functions including processing all necessary employee and departmental paperwork are completed timely and accurately.
- Compiles and maintains personnel records within regulatory guidelines.
- Responsible for on-boarding activities including I-9 documentation, other federal and state new hire compliance activities and reporting requirements.
- Work with business partners to engage and onboard new hires.
- Provide Support to Field HR specialists to help resolve any day to issues that may arise within the HRIS or Payroll system.
- Responsible for Weekly & Monthly Reporting from timekeeping and personnel operating systems.
- Completes New Hire & Termination Checklists for Sox Compliance.
- Bachelor#39;s degree, in human resources or related field preferred
- 2+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Experience in a human resource related administration of HRIS, payroll processing, employee relations, talent acquisition, organizational development, compensation, and other HR programs preferred.
- Experience in Human Resources related to administration of HRIS and payroll processing for Canada.
- Excellent oral and written communication and ability to work with all levels of management.
- Personal computer skills such as MS Office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Kronos, HCM system such as SAP or Workday, required, Workday and ADP Workforce Now is Highly Preferred.
- Strong organization, analytical and project planning skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Work effectively and collaborates well with others, internal and external.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues.