This position directs the overall Human Resources (HR) activities for a Region including employee relations, recruiting, staffing, organizational planning, legal compliance, safety, training, and communication. Provides both strategic support as well as operational focus. Works with regional leadership and plant management of all business units to engage employees, support leaders, and enhance the performance of the business. This position is responsible for managing Human Resource functions within a multi-state environment and supports manufacturing plants, distribution centers, and sales offices. The Regional HR Director is responsible for providing HR support to the employees within the assigned region as well as being a key member of the Regional team.
- Responsible for working with regional and plant management to foster positive employee relations and communications within their region.
- Manages the overall HR practices and activities including recruiting, staffing, legal compliance, compensation, benefits, and safety within the region.
- Supports the region by providing strategic HR direction for business units.
- Implements HR services, programs, policies, and policy changes.
- Deploys HR programs in the areas of Compensation, Benefits, Organizational Development, and Training, for example, annual bonus plan, annual merit planning, performance management, succession planning, etc.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with internal business partners resulting in strategic partnerships for the achievement of corporate and regional goals and objectives.
- Advises regional and plant management teams about HR programs and issues.
- Champions employees while ensuring the best interest of the company and employees.
- Assists the management team to build leadership capability and enhance internal talent.
- Ensures legal compliance for HR issues.
- Fosters a company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement and high performance.
- Extends Corporate HR policies, guidelines and procedures throughout the Region.
- Maintains knowledge of federal and state legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Recommends changes, new approaches, policies and procedures to effect improvements in efficiency of the HR function.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field. Approximately 8 years of progressively responsible work experience related to human resources, with 5 years in an HR Management role, preferably with a food or consumer goods manufacturing organization.
Any equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered for the above.
- Bi-lingual strongly preferred.
- Multi-Unit HR experience (manufacturing a plus).
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Results driven and ability to work in a fast paced growth organization.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office. SAP HR knowledge a plus.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them by effectively coordinating subordinate staff.
- Ability to manage both tactical and strategic HR functions.
- Change management experience desired.
- Knowledge of and experience in all functional aspects of HR.
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral.
- Thrives in fast-paced, expanding, changing, and growing environments.
Mission Foods is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in all phases of employment in compliance with applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Mission Foods depends solely on your qualifications. Mission Foods is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail or call 972.232.5200 to let us know the nature of your request.