The bi-lingual (Spanish/English) HR Operations Administrator is responsible for managing the execution and continuous improvement of a variety of HR related systems and processes. The role is responsible for ensuring the “back office” elements of the HR processes are accurate and in compliance with internal policy and external regulatory requirements. In addition, this role is a key point of contact for our production new hires and facilitating their onboarding, and all new hires for the proper enrollment and set-up of benefits. Interfaces with the general employee population on a regular basis on routine matters of benefits and policies.
The ideal candidate will have an immediate connection to our Company Mission and Core Ingredients:
- Crunchy Crunchy: We are hungry for excellence.
- Own It: We think and act as an owner – with appetite, initiative, and responsibility.
- Connection: We build authentic relationships that foster trust and open communications.
- Vibrance: We come to work eager and passionate about fulfilling our vision. When we share our work, we share a part of who we are.
Recruiting & Onboarding
- Manage the Career Center, responding to inquiries and job applications for our Production teams.
- Assist with interview scheduling.
- Ensure that all new hire documents are completed, timely and accurately – managing the storage and retention to ensure ease of access and ability to audit as needed.
- Complete the timely and accurate HRIS inputs for new hires or other employee changes (transfers, promotions etc.)
- Provide a first point of contact for new hires – ensuring an organized, timely and welcoming experience – consistent with the culture priorities of the Company.
- Manage the first-day Onboarding Program for our Production teams, and act as the back-up for our Onboarding Program for our Administrative teams.
- Provide support to Recruiter and HRBPs to post open roles and manage the timely removal of postings when roles are filled on as needed basis.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders such as, but not limited to Benefit Suppliers, IT and Payroll to ensure new hires are enrolled in and/or have access to appropriate plans, systems and tools on day one and are quickly integrated to payroll.
Termination & Offboarding
- Coordinate with Payroll and HRBPs to ensure termination paperwork is prepared timely and accurately.
- Complete the timely and accurate HRIS inputs for exiting employees.
- Follow-up with departing employees as needed to answer questions, etc.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders such as, but not limited to Benefit Suppliers, IT and Payroll to ensure access to systems, tools, and/or processes is terminated timely.
Compensation & Benefits
- Coordinate the benefit enrollment processing of new hires and/or changes for employees.
- Review and reconcile benefit invoices to actual enrollees – working with benefit suppliers to correct invoicing and/or coverage errors.
- Ensure the accurate HRIS entry for and timely communication of employee compensation information to payroll.
- Manage the leave of absence requests – ensuring employee understanding of leave provisions, benefits available (through Mezzetta and/or State or Federal programs).
Budget & Reporting
- Contributes to the development of systems, processes and tools to accurately track and report on labor related metrics (headcount, costs etc.)
- Produces regular HR metrics reporting to provide information and decision-making tools for senior management.
- Compiles and submits all regulatory reports submitted to regulatory agencies (e.g. EEO-1, VETS 100 Report, 5500 Reports, and SPDs – Benefits etc.).
- Track, monitor and report on the core HR budget items – training and recruitment, providing pro-active information and analysis to HR Management on budget variances/issues.
- Monitor and report on time off balances.
- Ensure the accurate and timely coding and processing of HR invoices.
Systems & Processes
- Manage the data integrity of the HR Master data in ADP Workforce Now.
- Contribute to the evaluation and continuous improvement of a variety of HR processes, always driving to leverage technology and improve efficiencies, speed, and quality while still maintaining the culture and image priorities of the organization.
- Leverage knowledge of systems and data to contribute to the development of a variety of HR metrics.
- Coordinates the planning and execution of company events & gatherings
- Assists with ad-hoc HR projects
- Provides back-up support to Payroll
- Maintain accurate records and personal files
- Provide translation support – written and spoken with ability to speak in front of groups of employees
- Mezzetta HR Team
- Payroll & Finance
- All Employees
- Benefits Broker & Plan Providers
- 3-5 years related HR experience with an emphasis on data management with HRIS systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related field
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) required
- Familiarity with ADP Workforce Now preferred
- Ability to travel occasionally to local event sites
- Must be able to freely move around the entire plant and office areas
- Ability to work flexible hours on occasion
- Basic knowledge of HR onboarding and off-boarding processes
- Foundational knowledge of benefit programs
- Able to communicate professionally across a wide variety of levels and locations – always demonstrating a warm orientation to Mezzetta
- Ability to review and analyze data
- Strong systems orientation and proven ability to drive transactional process improvements.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office suite, Excel proficiency required
- Highly organized – ability to multi-task in a highly transactional and time sensitive environment
- Ability to get to independent decision and demonstrate sound business judgement through strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner
Since 1935, we’ve been on a mission to bring a little extra happiness to everyday life and inspire connections over food. We select the finest ingredients the world has to offer, craft premium products made with love, and never settle for shortcuts. We believe that when we share our food, we share a part of ourselves — and that’s the only way we’d put our name on it.
Today, our small family company has grown into a national leader in specialty olives, peppers, and sauces under the leadership of CEO Jeff Mezzetta, and our commitment to quality has never wavered. With an 80-year legacy behind us and a bright future ahead, we’re seeking passionate, driven candidates to help us bring our cherished family traditions to a new generation.