ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery, Otis Spunkmeyer, and Oakrun Farm Bakery. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
- Reporting to the Human Resources Director, the incumbent will have overall day-to-day responsibility for delivering human resources services at Stockton Bakery (Union & Non Union).
- Working in conjunction with the HR Director and assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of effective business solutions to support the current and future human resources needs for bakeries. (i.e. Organizational Design, Performance Management Systems, Health & Welfare Programs, and Employee Relations).
- Foster positive employee relations throughout the company and ensure that employee questions are answered accurately and in a timely manner.
- Works closely with other Centers of Excellence HR teams for implementation and maintain areas such as Training, Compensation, Benefits, Policies, Operations, etc.
- Assist with training and development, including the Alchemy System.
- Stays up to date on trends and developments within functional area of expertise.
- Assist with providing guidance towards the implementation of Health & Safety practices to ensure a safe work environment.
- Administer and audit weekly payroll weekly thru Ceridian Software.
- Responsible for partnering with the local Bakery General Manager providing guidance on the day to day human resources activities.
- Maintain recruitment and training practices to ensure the process is administered consistently and fairly in ANA’s shared services model.
- Assist with the administration of the annual performance management systems as well as track performance reviews. Provide training on process and/or new systems as required.
- Administers and communicates HR programs & initiatives to the local bakery in alignment with the overall business goals and objectives. Primary support to coordinate company benefit programs to new hires which including health and welfare insurance and billing, , PTO, workers compensation & SDI. Assists employees with on-line enrollment and/or changes in the Ceridian portal.
- Provides advice and counsel to managers and employees on employee relations matters; partnering with the leadership team and managing employee relations, contributing to overall employee engagement.
- Oversees coaching and supports management with the corrective action process and all terminations to eliminate potential liability and enhance processes.
- Manages office duties of local Bakery when needed.
- Leads the recruitment efforts for all hourly roles, and upon request, supports with management personnel.
- Responsible for onboarding of new hires, assessments, and coordination of physical and drug testing.
- Ensuring the people-perspective is represented in business decisions so implications are understood and the workforce is proactively managed; assessing the impact of business decisions on workforce and provides solutions to optimize opportunities and mitigate any downsides.
- Investigating and resolving employee relations issues; including the investigation of harassment, discrimination and other charges; managing corrective action and discharge functions, and assuming responsibility for the uniform and equitable application of policies across in the bakery.
- Partners with Bakery Director and leadership to resolve grievances with Union to ensure CBA is followed.
- Ensures local state & government compliance in areas such as wage and hour, EEO/AA and Immigration (ICE). Ensures consistent administration of company policies and procedures. Facilitates, monitors and performs management and employee training.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing; establish and maintain relationship with staff, management and employees.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required by the HR Director.
- Develops, recommends and implements processes and procedures to affect continual improvements in the efficiency of the local HR team.
- Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Assists with Recognition events and Safety initiatives & celebrations.
- Processes all payroll status change forms; promotions, transfers, demotions, leaves of absence, terminations, and resignations.
- Reporting accidents to workers compensation insurance company and maintenance of case.
- Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess a university degree in Human Resources or Business Administration and/or equivalent experience. Ideally, candidate will hold a PHR certificate.
- 5-7 years of progressively more responsible positions in human resources, preferably in a similar industry.
- Preference Bilingual Spanish
- Experience working in Union environment.
- Demonstrates sound judgment and professionalism. Is tactful and flexible.
- Strong communicator verbally and in writing with solid interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates a high degree of confidentiality.
- Solid knowledge in employment law, employee relations and communication.
- Assists in positive employee relations when dealing with employees on a day to day basis.
- Familiarity with the tools of the trade in human resources including HRIS, Microsoft Office suite of products, file management.
ARYZTA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.