The HR Manager, Benefits, is responsible for the administration and leadership of our organization’s benefits function while developing a culture of continuous improvement and standardization for optimal cost efficiencies. The Manager, Benefits, Reports to the Director of US HR Shared Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day to day administration of Company Health and Welfare Plans, Leave of Absences (LOA) and other company benefit programs in the US.
- Assist with the development of long and short-term benefit strategies to ensure market competitiveness.
- Collaborate with HRIS and Payroll Managers to evaluate and analyze existing benefit policies, procedures and business processes assuring best practice operations.
- Oversee LAG’s LOA programs (FMLA, DBL, Workers Compensation, etc.) and work collaboratively with the Yogurt division on process alignment.
- Perform routine audits of all benefit data, ensuring accuracy and integrity in all data targeted for both internal and external sources.
- Identify, document and communicate process improvements.
- Collaborate with all areas of HR and other business stakeholders to improve transactional processes for optimal employee experience.
- Leverage data for resource allocation decisions for optimal performance of systems and processes.
- Develop and provide data dashboards and analytics to support the Director of US HR Shared Services.
- Responsible for leading the team in the delivery of standard processes.
- Travel and / or extended or off work hours may be required.
- This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- To fulfill these responsibilities, tools such as a computer, phone or , and / or allowance(s) may be provided.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
Incumbent is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Requirements
Ideally incumbent will possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Managements, Finance or other applicable academic background
8-10 years of related experience and/or training in a generalist function; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience implementing and managing self-funded/self-insured health plans is required
Demonstrated experience with benefit and payroll software such as Benefitfocus, ADP, Paylocity, PeopleSoft, and/or Success Factors.
Experience with HR Audits
A deep knowledge of laws, regulations, and government policy as they relate to health and welfare.
Strong understanding of benefits policies, procedures and practices including, IRS, Department of Labor and other employment law implications for benefit programs.
Ability to balance and manage multiple priorities with accuracy, efficiency, and in a timely manner due to strong organization skills.
Strong project management skills
A high degree of analytical skills, to include modeling and forecasting benefit cost and projections
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ever changing needs
SPHR or PHR preferred but not required