Are you an enthusiastic, goal-oriented Human Resources professional who can lead projects, enforce policy, multi-task, and uphold programs in the manufacturing industry? Then join Smithfield Foods, a $15 billion global food company and the world's largest pork processor and hog producer! For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
The Human Resources team is searching for ambitious personnel to join their everyday mission to discover, hire, and retain great talent. These personnel are the conduit for positive employee relations, performance management, and focal point for benefits/compensation. You would be instrumental in achieving Smithfield’s goal to become the ##1 consumer packaged goods company in the world!
Provides general human resource assistance to a business unit or corporate functional area which may include recruiting, selection and staffing, employment and personnel documentation, job evaluation, compensation, and/or benefits. This position performs complex duties requiring independent judgment and coordination in one or more areas of a comprehensive human resource operation.
- Recruits key hourly and/or salaried employees, collects and analyzes HR data and makes recommendations to the HR Manager.
Reviews employment applications and resumes and interview applicants.
Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
Conducts new-employee orientations.
Researches and administers other applicant sourcing programs.
Maintains the Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
Responsible for creating and managing requisition creations.
Manages external hiring process and assists with internal transfer process, including job bid movement.
Supports the functional areas of human resources including, but not limited to, recruitment and employment, personnel records, employee and/or labor relations, benefits administration, training, AA/EEO, labor relations, safety, FMLA administration, investigations and special projects.
Assists with the development of various activities such as job fairs, training and development workshops, labor relations, and payroll processing.
Assists with the development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures through employee booklets, communications, and/or meetings.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Human Resources, Business Management, or related field and 3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of employment law practices.
- Experience in administration of benefits, compensation, and other programs.
- Knowledge of Internet software, Microsoft Excel, Word Processing, and Power Point.
- Experience with a recruiting system, such as iCims, and knowledge of SAP HRIS, preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- B-lingual in Spanish or another language, preferred.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.