- Are you an enthusiastic, goal-oriented Human Resources professional who can lead projects, enforce policy, multi-task, and uphold programs in the manufacturing industry? Then join Smithfield Foods, a $15 billion global food company and the world#39;s largest pork processor and hog producer! For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- The Human Resources team is searching for ambitious personnel to join their everyday mission to discover, hire, and retain great talent. These personnel are the conduit for positive employee relations, performance management, and focal point for benefits/compensation. You would be instrumental in achieving Smithfield#39;s goal to become the ##1 consumer packaged goods company in the world!
- Provides general human resource assistance to a business unit or corporate functional area which may include recruiting, selection and staffing, employment and personnel documentation, job evaluation, compensation, and/or benefits. This position performs complex duties requiring independent judgment and coordination in one or more areas of a comprehensive human resource operation.
- Recruits key hourly and/or salaried employees, collects and analyzes HR data and makes recommendations to the HR Manager.
- Reviews employment applications and resumes and interview applicants.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Conducts new-employee orientations.
- Researches and administers other applicant sourcing programs.
- Maintains the Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
- Responsible for creating and managing requisition creations.
- Manages external hiring process and assists with internal transfer process, including job bid movement.
- Supports the functional areas of human resources including, but not limited to, recruitment and employment, personnel records, employee and/or labor relations, benefits administration, training, AA/EEO, labor relations, safety, FMLA administration, investigations and special projects.
- Assists with the development of various activities such as job fairs, training and development workshops, labor relations, and payroll processing.
- Assists with the development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures through employee booklets, communications, and/or meetings.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor#39;s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Human Resources, Business Management, or related field and 3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of employment law practices.
- Experience in administration of benefits, compensation, and other programs.
- Knowledge of Internet software, Microsoft Excel, Word Processing, and Power Point.
- Experience with a recruiting system, such as iCims, and knowledge of SAP HRIS, preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- B-lingual in Spanish or another language, preferred.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The majority of the time is spent in an office setting outside of the production plant. The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to sit, use hands to handle, or feel, and talk or hear.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield#39;s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits