McCormick & Company, Inc., a world leader in the spice, flavor and seasonings industry, is seeking a full time HR Director.This new hire will work in the Global Headquarters located at 24 Schilling Road, Suite 1 in Hunt Valley, MD. The HR Director will report to a Senior HR Director.
With more than $5 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry - retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick makes every moment and meal better ™
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays and vacations.
The HR Director is responsible for delivering the People strategy for specific business teams in alignment with the overall organization People strategy. This role assesses and anticipates HR-related business needs and works within the McCormick OneHR model to develop strategies and plans to achieve business objectives. The HR Director influences business clients through change, through actionable insights, and anticipation of market trends. They develop and successfully delivers on key people initiatives.
- Strategizes and collaborates across departments, sites, Global HR Centers of Expertise, and HR Shared Services (McCormick People Solutions), to build and shape global/regional people plans that deliver business goals. Leverages analytics to identify global or regional trends and develops or leverages strategies, solutions, programs, procedures or policies that lead to increased engagement and business performance.
- Provides regional HR leadership and communication to embed and sustain the six systems of high performance, including business goal-setting, performance management, communication and information-sharing, learning and development, problem-solving and decision-making, and rewards and recognition. Partners to shape organizational effectiveness. Provides change leadership and HR business partnership to deliver major business initiatives. Facilitates and promotes McCormick#39;s Winning Ways of Working
- Drives 1- and 3-year talent, succession and strategic workforce plan for regional teams. Partners with internal and external organizational resources to deliver high impact recruitment, retention and development initiatives. Ensures global/regional organizational design and resource capability is in place to enable achievement of business goals (structure, headcount and costs, recruitment needs).
- Leads a team of HR Business Partners. Responsible for team strategy, performance, development, and engagement of team members. Fosters partnership and development of team members within and across the overall OneHR model to continue growing and strengthening the HR team and successors.
- Drives healthy, inclusive, and positive organization culture to maintain McCormick as a Great Place to Work. Leverages drivers of engagement and retention, connects across sites/departments, and leads the global/regional function in identifying, designing and executing strategies. Advocates for employees and ensures employee involvement and voice. Coaches leaders and employees and provides or enables resolution to the most sensitive and complex employee relations and labor relations matters, ensuring alignment with McCormick values and policies.
BSc/BA in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- 10+ years of HR experience across all areas of HR, with 5+ years partnering with, managing, or providing consultation to a customer group. Experience developing and operationalizing strategy, and leading projects and change initiatives.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills including; superb communication, action-orientation, and proven consultancy skills (analysis, problem-solving, facilitation, developing and operationalizing business cases).
- Strong knowledge of employment legislation and corporate guidelines related to all employment practices.
- Ability to predict and adapt to changing business trends.
- Ability to understand trends, prove via data, translate into actionable insight and influence changes.
- Strong business and financial savvy.
- Design thinking abilities.
- Proven customer engagement abilities.
- Ability to build trust and credibility across each level within organization
- Cultural astuteness, integrity and sound judgement.
- Experience with diverse client groups and agility to work with matrixed functional areas and stakeholders.
- MBA or Master#39;s degree in Human Relations or related field
- SHRM, HRCI or World at Work Certification(s), Change Management Certification and/or Project Management Certifications; commensurate licenses or certifications for other organizations and countries.
- Work experience across multiple areas within HR desired: HR Operations, HR Business Partner, Compensation & Benefits, Talent Management, or Organization Effectiveness.
- McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- As a general policy, McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.