HR Director- EMEA
Reporting directly to the EMEA HR VP, the HR Director is responsible for developing the functional people strategy for his/her business teams and for implementing the people agenda and overall workforce plan to deliver on business goals. This role acts as employee advocate, ensuring employees know and feel their value to McCormick
- The role business partners the VP R&D EMEA and the VP Flavours Solutions EMEA.
- Strategizes and collaborates across sites, HR centers of excellence, and Shared Services teams to build and shape regional people plans that deliver business goals
- Leverages drivers of engagement and retention connects across sites, and leads the regional function in identifying, designing and executing strategies.
- Provides change leadership and HR business partnership to deliver major business initiatives
- Drives talent, succession and strategic workforce plan for regional team(s).
- Drives healthy, inclusive, and positive organization culture to maintain McCormick as a Great Place to Work.
- Provide guidance and coaching to business leaders
- Leads a team of remote HR Business Partners
- Work closely with HR centers of expertise (Compensation & Benefits, Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition and Internal Communications) to ensure appropriate deployment of HR processes (Performance Management, Talent review, Succession Planning, Employee Engagement Survey, Annual Salary Review, Learning and Development, etc).
- Provide guidance and leadership to the business
- Contribute to and/or lead functional or HR programs, projects or initiatives as required.
- Proven significant experience of providing effective HR business partnering in a commercial environment
- BSc in HR or equivalent degree preferable.
- CIPD is required.
- Experience developing and operationalizing strategy
- Experience with diverse client groups and proven agility to work with matrixed, multi-cultural functional areas and stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Strong business and financial savvy as well as problem solving skills.
- Proven success in supporting significant projects and change.
- Strong knowledge of employment legislation
- A strategic and hands-on approach is essential.
- Ability to build trust and credibility with a strong customer-service orientation.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills.
- Ability to build relationships and collaboration at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to work remotely with a good balance of autonomy and reporting.
- Energy, curiosity and enthusiasm to be able to deliver results in a very fast-paced environment.
- High integrity, pragmatic approach and sound judgement.
- Effective time-management skills and good attention to detail.
- Values all people.
- Fluent in English; another language would be a plus.
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SAP and able to analyse data and provide key business insights.