Weston Foods is a leading North American bakery company with a specialized focus across all key bakery categories, including breads and rolls, donuts, pies, cakes, alternatives breads, and others. We bake our products in more than 35 facilities across Canada and the USA, conducting our business with integrity, contributing to our communities, and fostering a respectful culture. We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on our people striving for greatness and having the courage and commitment to getting better every day.
As we forge ahead in the transformation of our business, we are coming together as a united North American enterprise, rebuilding our asset base, adding significant new capacity, and focusing on the development of our people. These building blocks are essential to moving forward as a growth-focused, insights-driven, consumer-led company that will celebrate food and the central part that food plays in our life.
As the HR Delivery Partner, you will be responsible for all HR activities and provide business partner consultation to three bakeries across the US, with primary focus and location being in Brownsburg, IN. You will play a significant role in delivering on talent related initiatives, from the strategic plan, at the plant level. These bakeries produce donuts, cones and wafers for various customers; including the Walmart and many other major retailers.
- Assist with broader human capital projects that impact the larger Weston enterprise or are specific to the plant.
- Utilize Workday as the HRIS (Human Resources Information System), serve as an advocate of the tool and provide adequate training to employees
- Create a robust employee relations program that includes, but not limited to: performance counseling, and coaching the leadership team(s) on appropriate dissemination of company policies
- Collaborate with bakery leadership to create a sustainable organizational design
- Refine and engage the bakery to execute a proactive hourly and skilled trade recruiting program
- Work with the Talent Acquisition team, as business partner, to fill all salaried roles. The HR Delivery Partner will play a role in workforce planning and engaging the right resources (especially for ramp ups and critical hiring)
- Establish a training and development program that equips employees with the necessary professional skills
- Coordinate with the Talent Management COE to deliver, and facilitate as needed, performance management ventures to foster professional growth and internal promotion
- Lead and oversee all new-employee onboarding activities and partner with the US benefits team on escalated employee benefits issues
- Partner with the EH&S team to regarding safety procedures, OSHA compliance, and worker’s compensation
- Complete governmental and company HR reporting requirements
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree from accredited University or College is required.
- PHR or SPHR Certification preferred.
Skills and Ability requirements
- 5 years of HR Generalist experience required.
- Must have in-depth knowledge and understanding of employment laws, including FMLA, ADA, FLSA, ERISA, COBRA/HIPPA and others.
- Must have strong knowledge of OSHA regulations and recordkeeping requirements.
- Be capable of administering benefit program at a local level including Health, disability, workers compensation and return to work programs.
- Non-union, multi-cultural production/manufacturing environment preferred.
- Bilingual communication skills (English/Spanish) are preferred but not required.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize the workload, meet deadlines, and work effectively with minimal direction.
- Possess solid interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to adapt well to change.
- Demonstrated computer skills in MS Office applications.
- Ability to work closely with others in a cross functional team atmosphere.
Weston is committed to fostering a work environment with strong core values that support diversity through various policies, programs and activities that encourage sensitivity and accommodations. Weston offers employment regardless of race, colour, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, or sexual orientation. Diversity is integral to our success as an organization and we will use diversity as a model to help identify and develop the best talent, create effective teams, and achieve overall excellence. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.