Who You Are:
You are a driven, administrative, upbeat person who is excited to put knowledge to practice. You are a quick learner and can execute tasks autonomously with limited direction. You are creative, interested in business, and want to cultivate your skill set in a growing company. You enjoy organization and accuracy without compromise. You’re a phenomenal communicator, whether it be over phone, in-person, or written. You’ve got an HR related degree that you want to put to practice, or you’ve worked in HR in some capacity before. You’re solution-minded, and remain calm when under pressure. You’re interested in a wide range of HR responsibilities and equally comfortable in constant change as with executing repetitive tasks. Ultimately, you’ll help to ensure our HR department is organized and operates smoothly to attract, hire, and retain the world’s best employees.
- Assist with day to day operations of various HR functions and duties
- Assist with the hiring process, including job description research, candidate screening, scheduling candidate interviews and the onboarding process
- Provide customer service to SaltWorks employees
- Assist with administrative input into various systems (benefits, ATS, employee files, etc.)
- Administer calendared HR processes, i.e. performance reviews, birthday recognition, etc.
- Answer frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refer more complex questions/concerns to appropriate HR staff or management.
- Perform file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
- Adhere to Good Manufacturing Processes, Food Safety Standards and related operational procedures
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements:
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 1-2 years office experience, preferably in HR functions
- Related BA/BS preferred or commensurate work experience
- High ethical standards and ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Hands-on experience with an HRIS or ATS
- Resourcefulness and ability to change direction/multitask
- Basic knowledge of labor laws
- Exhibit strong writing & verbal skills; confidence when speaking on the phone is crucial
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Office working environment that involves sitting for long periods of time and occasional need to walk, bend, stretch, and/or lift up to 15 lbs.
All SaltWorks Employees are held accountable to food safety and quality standards that are communicated in job descriptions, during onboarding training, annual refresher trainings, posted policy statements and posted GMP and HACCP reminders. All Employees are responsible for reporting food safety and food quality problems to a Manager for immediate correction.