The HR/Safety Supervisor is responsible for performing Human Resources and Safety related duties in all of the following functional areas: employee relations, compensation, training, recruiting, staffing, safety and benefit administration. The HR/Safety Supervisor will ensure that all related regulations and company policies & practices are followed in order to provide a work environment that is safe for employees and contributes to make the company an employer of choice.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures HR compliance and uniform application of MFI policies and procedures.
- Partners with HR and Operations teams to develop strategies to recruit, develop and retain skilled workforce.
- Assists with the recruitment and selection of employees by performing such duties as posting job openings, reviewing applications, screening and interviewing job applicants and arranging interviews with the hiring manager.
- Assists with offers and pre-employment paperwork.
- Coordinates new hires through the onboarding process. Ensures the completion of all necessary paperwork, company tours and information on company policies and procedures is presented.
- Reviews transactions for accuracy (ie annual reviews, promotions, transfers, new hire paperwork).
- Participates in compliance audits and training (ie I-9s, Donning & Doffing, anti-harassment).
- Assists with affirmative action programs.
- Provides support to supervisors and managers regarding personnel issues while ensuring policies and procedures are administered fairly and consistently. Provides high quality advice and service to management on daily employee relations and performance management issues.
- Assists with development and maintenance of training checklists, SOP’s, qualification matrix, job descriptions and other training materials as required.
- Assists with identifying unsafe work conditions and practices, documenting and taking appropriate action to eliminate these conditions and behaviors.
- Ensures accurate record-keeping/tracking and compliance with all required safety trainings, safety programs, inspections, accident/incident investigations, near miss reporting, audits, training attendance etc.
- Works with Workers Compensation carrier to ensure cost effective and appropriate handling of all workers compensation claims.
- Determines requirements and coordinates the distribution of appropriate safety equipment and PPE.
- Maintains written safety programs.
- Schedules and coordinates required industrial safety testing and monitoring.
- Verifies compliance with OSHA/Company policies, procedures, and best practices through continuous research and auditing.
- Performs investigations of employee issues, incidents, injuries or concerns as needed.
- Assists in identifying, developing and facilitating employee training.
- Participates in HR, Safety and/or cross-functional teams as needed.
- Adheres to safe work practices, follows GMP’s, maintains sanitary conditions and ensures that product quality is maintained. Reports to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Runs reports, audits and conducts analysis as needed.
- Keeps management informed of issues that arise.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or Safety related field, or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- 2+ years of experience in the areas of HR and/or Safety.
- The ability to work as part of a team or independently with little supervision.
- Able to effectively present in large or small groups to various levels of an organization.
- Able to effectively and efficiently stay organized, multi-task and stay focused with changing priorities.
- Good people skills with the ability to interact with employees at all levels in the organization.
- Strong attention to detail and able to solve problems effectively.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Experience in an industrial or manufacturing setting.
- Previous supervisory and training experience.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- PHR or SPHR Certification preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all the duties associated with this position.