Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 15bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
- Schedules dining reservations and arranges parties or special services for diners with approval from Manager On Duty.
- Promptly greets and welcomes guests upon arriving to the host/hostess stand with a smile, escorts them to tables, and provides menus, maintains a positive and upbeat demeanor at all times.
- Answers phone in a courteous and professional manner.
- Addresses guest complaints immediately with management.
- Communicate activities with dining room servers, bus person, and management to ensure prompt and courteous service to guests.
- Inspects dining room serving stations for neatness and cleanliness, and requisitions table linens and other dining room supplies for tables and serving stations; includes restrooms.
- Assists with table set-up.
- Maintains work area clean and properly stocked (menus, kids menu, pencils, paper, crayons, etc.).
- Review and plan out the seating chart and organize the reservations (planning is everything when running an effective host stand).
- Keep the table counts for individual server so things come out fair at the end of your shift.
- Communicates constantly and clearly with all server and kitchen of new patrons that have been seated to help with the flow of food production.
- Properly say Thank You to all departing guests with a smile.
- When not actively seating guests, is at the host stand at all times.
- Makes sure the table is properly set up and continuously filled; ie: sugar caddies, table tents, salt & pepper shakers ,oil & vinegar caddies, and candles (evening only).
- Clear and re-stock the following items when closing: sugar caddies, salt & pepper shakers, candles, silverware (20 roll ups at the end of each shift), oil & vinegar caddies, and table tents. Put all stands away accordingly.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Aspire Bakeries is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.