At Johnsonville, we use our business to build our people. If you#39;re passionate about making a difference, we want you to help make our products, our processes, our communities and each other better. Wisconsin-based Johnsonville is the No. 1 national sausage brand enjoyed in 45 countries. Founded in 1945 by the late Ralph F. and Alice Stayer, our company is 2,000 members strong and remains privately owned today. Come join our family-owned company!
Johnsonville Sausage Job Posting
High Speed Packaging Operator
Pay Range: $19.91-27.92
Hours: 2nd shift 2pm-1030pm (Overtime as production demands)
Why This is a Great Job...
This position is a stepping stone into a Maintenance Technician career at Johnsonville Sausage. Johnsonville will provide internal support and resources to help you develop your skills and reach your full potential.
- Main Function of the job:
- Responsible for daily maintenance and operation of Packaging line
- Be responsible for the performance and productivity of the equipment on the line
- Maintenance of packaging equipment
- Member must be highly motivated with high expectations
- Preventive maintenance of packaging equipment in your assigned area
What results must the Member produce?
- Help gather information to obtain and maintain computerized PM program.
- Maintain/monitor inventory system for plant and utility equipment.
- Maintain facilities and equipment to meet MS, OSHA and U.S.D.A. standards.
- Improve uptime on plant equipment through machine modification, layout adjustments, and general machine maintenance.
- Maintain all utility areas in a neat/orderly fashion.
- 1-3 years of experience running a production/packaging line is preferred.
Skills and Competencies
- Must be willing to share skills to help others develop and possess excellent communication skills.
- Committed to providing a high level of detail and pride towards equipment maintenance, projects, general housekeeping and maintaining all shop/utility areas in a neat orderly fashion.
- Ability to rotate between operation of several different pieces of equipment on a daily and/or weekly basis
- Ability and openness to work in a rotation program and be a back-up operator for other production lines/rooms within the facility
- Strong written verbal communication skills required
- Strong math background is required
- Must be able to complete production documentation paperwork accurately
- Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs.
- Must be able to maintain all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Must be able to actively participate in a team environment
- Basic computer skills needed
- External Candidates Only: Ability to pass a pre-employment, post offer drug screen, physical and background check.
| || |
How to Apply:
Please go to jobs.johnsonville.com
Johnsonville Sausage performs pre-employment, post offer drug screens, physicals and background checks for all external manufacturing candidates.
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment.. M/F/Vet/Disability
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.