Mucci Farms is an industry leader with greenhouses in two countries, equipped with world-class technology and a dedicated team of over 1200. Our humble beginnings started over 60 years ago when two brothers from Italy immigrated to Canada with a passion to grow fresh, flavourful, fruits and vegetables. A generation later, Tony and Gino’s children have taken the company to new heights with a variety of commodities, aggressive expansions and the launch of Mucci International Marketing Inc., the Sales & Marketing arm of the organization.
Bert, Danny and their cousin Gianni Mucci partnered with close family friend Joe Spano to grow our company into a substantial, award-winning leader in the greenhouse industry. With an emphasis on efficiency, we make significant investments in state-of-the-art automation and robotics to provide consumers with the highest level of food safety and maximum shelf life for all of our products. Vertically integrated from seed to retail, Mucci Farms owns and operates over 250-acres of tomato, pepper, cucumber, eggplant, lettuce and strawberry greenhouses in Kingsville, Ontario and Huron, Ohio. We also have a global network of over 1500 acres with partner growers.
We are hiring for:
Title: Help Desk Technician
Reports to: IT Manager
Based at: Mucci Farms
Type of Employment: Full-Time, permanent, 5-days a week; and additional hours depending on workload and priorities.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Serve as the first point of contact for end users and provide technical assistance for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware
- Troubleshoot to determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by the end user
- Guide end users through problem-solving process
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software
- Escalate unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel when necessary
- Follow up with end users to ensure their issue has been resolved
- Gain feedback from end users about computer usage
- Document issues and ensure all solutions are logged and organized appropriately
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- Develop training manuals and SOP’s
- Provide effective and efficient customer service while training end users
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- College Diploma/University Degree in related field
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in an IT setting
- Experience in a Help Desk setting considered an asset
- CompTIA A+/Network+ considered an asset
- Organizational, verbal and written communication skills a must
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task is a must
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to deal with challenging employees and/or situations.
Job Requirements: The incumbent will be committed to customer service excellence and leading by example. A positive attitude in the workplace is required as is the ability to adhere to all human resources, operational and food and health safety policies and procedures.
Note: this description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined and other duties may be assigned.