Our Laredo Distribution Center, a refrigerated facility operating 24/7, is currently seeking a Help Desk Specialist to join our team.The essential function of this position is to provide Tier I and II support to the company’s end-user community. This specialist role ensures that the company’s end-users can accomplish any business computing tasks. This includes actively resolving escalated end user help requests within established SLAs. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual provide support using remote control software over the phone at multiple facilities and/or in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
Day shift position: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm (some flexibility)
- Microsoft Active Directory user, group and computer object administration
- Microsoft Office 365 account provisioning, de-provisioning and maintenance
- User device provisioning, including laptop, desktop and mobile, desktop phone
- Office printer proactive maintenance and repair
- File share maintenance and security
- Respond to telephone calls (both during business hours and after hours as required), email and help desk requests for technical support
- Act as an escalation point for advanced or difficult help requests to IT Operations / Management
- Build rapport with Mastronardi Produce business computing end-user community
- Record, track and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop/laptop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware peripherals and configuring systems and applications
- Maintain data integrity and system security for the desktop environment including installation of all antivirus software and ensure virus definitions are up-to-date
- Perform preventative maintenance of printers, printer consumables, bar-code RFID and video surveillance equipment
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved
- Perform post-resolution follow ups with help desk customers to ensure satisfaction
- Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations
- After-hours support as required. A mobile phone will be provided.
- Travel internationally to Mexico up to 10% of the time
Strategy & Planning
- Assist in maintaining and updating IT incident & tracking software system and IT incident policy/procedures
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents
Acquisition & Deployment
- Assist in IT asset tracking & management of computers and peripherals, and telephony equipment
- Assist in setup and imaging of new computers
- Assist in software releases and PC Refresh roll-outs according to company’s IT Management best practices
- Interface with application vendors as needed to resolve specialized issues
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in the Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field preferred
- 5 to 8 years related work experience preferred
- 3 to 5 years equivalent work experience as a Help Desk Technical Specialist (Level I and II) preferred
- Work experience in a JIT production environment preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Fluent English and strong written and oral communication language skills. Spanish a plus.
- Knowledge of advanced computer hardware, including desktops/laptops/tablets, mobile phones, printers/copiers (TEC, HP, Zebra, Canon, Ricoh, etc).
- Experience with desktop applications, desktop operating systems and server operating systems, including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite, and Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Terminal Services (RDP), MDM (AirWatch) and Video Surveillance Systems
- Working knowledge of a range of PC diagnostic utilities. Knowledgeable in managing and supporting antivirus system.
- Industry certification (e.g. MCP, MCDST, A+, MCSA, MCSE etc) preferred.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of IT computing issues and products is required
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly, business-friendly and technical language
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed and keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Maintain high level of confidentiality with company information
- Complete a background and drug test screening
- Ability to travel internationally for work
- Combination of refrigerated warehouse (20%) and office (80%) environment
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. with or without accommodation
- Work schedule: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and alternating Saturday on-call coverage (40-hours on-site work week). Some flexibility in hours.
- On-call and after-hours availability as needed and some holiday coverage
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components. Cabling experience a plus.
- Will be expected to appropriately handle stressful situations, multi-tasking, and critical deadlines
We are pleased to offer the following Benefits:
- Paid weekly
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Employee Engagement & Recognition Programs
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
Mastronardi Produce has accommodation processes and policies in place and provides accommodation for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or documented medical need, please contact the Human Resource office so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodation to be put in place.