Griffith Foods is a global manufacturer of food products. We provide a wide range of taste and texture components for food industry customers throughout the world. Our products include seasoning blends, dry mixes, coating systems, dough blends, crumbs, flavors, sauces and food bases that are used in an extensive variety of application from snack foods and processed meat and poultry to ready meals. Our customers include food processors, restaurant operators and grocery retailers. While our name may not be familiar to consumers, our products are key components of foods offered by many of the worlds best-known companies.
Reporting to the HSE Manager, this role will drive health and safety initiatives to prevent injuries in the workplace through development of training, implementation of policies and programs and coaching front line leaders. This role will participate and occasionally be the HSE lead in Operations projects and will act on behalf of HSE Manager where applicable.
- Work with JHSC and Ergonomics committees to inspire proactive change and innovative solutions to existing site challenges
- Own the creation and tracking of training initiatives to educate at all levels of the organization including monthly Safety Talks and one on one practical training
- Proactively support office and plant employees in preventing MSD through ergonomic assessments and recommendations
- Develop Provide HSE insight during project assessments, equipment modifications and other continuous improvement initiatives such as Kaizen
- Using data, support the creation of corrective action plans, site goals and initiatives
- Coach employees, front line leaders and management on effective ways to bring legislative requirement to life
- Compile data and conduct calculations related to annual environmental reporting (eg. NPRI, Chemtrac, EWRB) and permit updates (eg. EASR)
- Lead the collection, tabulation, investigation and maintenance of incident and near miss data in local spreadsheets and corporate website
- Liaise with HR to support injury case management including classification of lost time, recordable injury, medical aide, and personal medical cases
- Performs other duties assigned by manager and/or initiatives directed by Corporate H&S Health and Safety Manager
- Diploma or Certificate in Health and Safety or related discipline
- Minimum 2 years experience in a manufacturing or industrial setting
- Working towards Canadian Registered Safety Professional designation or similar
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Office tools including Excel and Powerpoint
- Skilled in communicating, motivating change and having difficult conversations to build safety first culture
- Must be flexible to work different hours to be available into evening and occasionally on weekends
- A passion for supporting Operations on the floor in multiple environments some exposure to dust and heat
- Experience with HSE-related software Brady360, HumanTech, InfoLink and/or Ergo Point and Alchemy is considered an asset
What We Offer (*):
- Health and Group Benefits (100% of premiums paid by Griffith foods)
- Education reimbursement program
- Life event recognition and on the job recognition
- Generous defined contribution retirement plan
- Career development and growth opportunities
- Annual wellness allowance
- Annual incentive
*please note that terms and conditions apply
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Griffith Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability please let us know during your interview process.