In accordance with the KIK Core Values and associated HESS ( Health, Environment, Safety & Sustainability) Department Policies, the Health, Environmental, Safety and Sustainability (HESS) Manager drives continual improvement in health, environmental, safety and sustainability performance at the assigned KIK sites; coaches, develops and manages site HESS personnel and provides direction and support to site operations management regarding HESS issues.
Position is a member of the HESS department and works closely with site managers. Position has a matrix reporting structure, reporting to the Site General Manager and dotted line to VP of HESS.
Essential Job Functions
Work Results & Essential Actions
- Provide technical guidance concerning HESS issues.
- Establishment and attainment of site HESS objectives and targets.
- Development and execution of tactical and strategic plans to improve site HESS performance, including the allocation and management of HESS resources.
- Ensure the following site programs are implemented and maintained:
- HESS communications.
- Enviromental compliance and waste handling efforts.
- Incident and injury reporting, investigation and recordkeeping.
- Improve safety to reduce work-related injuries
- Worker#39;s compensation claims management and the site KIK Return to Work program.
- HESS corrective and preventive actions to ensure timely follow-up and implementation.
- Timely completion of all required safety, environmental and sustainability reporting to internal and external interested parties.
- Process safety and risk management programs, where applicable.
- Environmental & safety management programs.
- Site and chemical security programs, including CFATS where applicable.
- Emergency preparedness and response programs.
- Support hazardous materials transportation compliance and other regulatory affairs related programs.
Management of Employees
- Ensure effective performance of site HESS personnel.
- Bachelor#39;s Degree stongely preferred
- Technical degree in engineering, science or similar discipline.
- Certified Safety Professional and/or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager a plus.
- Equivalent experience will be considered.
- 8 + years of environmental, health and safety compliance experience in a manufacturing environment with evidence of continual improvement success.
- 5+ years experience managing multiple technical level employees.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of federal, state/provincial and local HESS regulations is required.
- Experience with hazardous chemicals is desired.
- Experience with Process Safety Management (PSM), Risk Management Plans (RMP) or E2 is desired.
- Experience in the consumer products industry is a plus.