At Johnsonville, our members are responsible for everything! If you're passionate about making a difference, we want you to help make our products, our processes, our communities and each other better. Wisconsin-based Johnsonville is the No. 1 national sausage brand, featuring bratwurst, Italian, snack and breakfast sausages in fresh and fully cooked varieties. Founded in 1945 by the late Ralph F. and Alice Stayer, the company employs 1,800 members and remains privately owned today. Come join our family-owned company!
Harvest Processing Level I position
Why This Is A Great Job For A Person Who Accepts Nothing Less Than Personal Greatness
Your contribution will ensure that Johnsonville products are of the highest quality and meet our defined standards of safety. You’ll learn about a variety of boning processes, expanding your existing knowledge for application into the business of making sausage. There is unlimited opportunity for growth as you become an active contributor to the Harvest Processing Team and assist your team in the quest for continual improvement.
The successful candidate will ensure compliance with safety, quality, and sanitation requirements. In addition, this candidate will establish and sustain effective relationships with all Members so that they may work together to promote innovation and cooperation in order to solve problems.
Why choose a career with Johnsonville?
- Great Company Culture
- You will become a Member of a Team and not just an employee
- We believe in the guiding principles of respect, trust, integrity, caring, ownership, appreciation, candor, humility, and innovation
- Opportunity for growth
- Great Compensation program
- Great Base Pay
- Monthly Bonus program eligibility immediately after hire with NO annual cap!
- Outstanding insurance package including medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage after 60 days
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Gym Membership Incentives
- 401K eligibility after 90 days
- Discounted Johnsonville products
- The Harvest Processing Department removes the meat off of the carcass in order to use for production of sausage products. Candidate must be able to perform and rotate through several job functions in the department at line speed; this will include learning many different positions within the Harvest Processing Level I rotation. Jobs in this level include, but are not limited to, using a motorized knife and using a straight edged knife to cut meat.
- Knife Skills preferred but not required
Skills and Competencies
- Notify team leaders and/or maintenance of problems
- Perform all jobs in a safe manner at line speed
- Complete all other duties as assigned
- Ability to perform responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner
- Comply with GMP and safety rules at all times
- Decision making
- Most be able to lift 50 pounds
- Physical demands for this position require walking or standing most of the time
- External Candidates Only: Ability to pass a pre-employment, post offer drug screen, physical and background check
1st Shift 5:55am - 2:30pm (Overtime as production demands)
$17.21 - $18.63
How to Apply:
External candidates: Apply on line at http://jobs.johnsonville.com
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment. M/F/Vet/Disability
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.