At Johnsonville, we use our business to build our people. If you#39;re passionate about making a difference, we want you to help make our products, our processes, our communities and each other better. Wisconsin-based Johnsonville is the No. 1 national sausage brand enjoyed in 45 countries. Founded in 1945 by the late Ralph F. and Alice Stayer, our company is 2,000 members strong and remains privately owned today. Come join our family-owned company!
Harvest Department Member
Why This Is A Great Job For A Person Who Accepts Nothing Less Than Personal Greatness.
Your contribution will ensure that Johnsonville products are of the highest quality and meet our defined standards of safety. You’ll learn about a variety of harvest processes, expanding your existing knowledge for application into the business of making sausage. There is unlimited opportunity for growth as you become an active contributor to the Harvest Floor department and assist your team in the quest for continual improvement.
The successful candidate will ensure compliance with safety, quality, and sanitation requirements while preparing carcasses to enter the Boning Room. In addition, this candidate will establish and sustain effective relationships with all Members so that they may work together to promote innovation and cooperation in order to solve problems.
- Be able to perform or learn several job functions in department at line speed.
- Maintain all applicable GMP policies.
- Notify team leaders and/or maintenance of problems.
- Perform all job functions in a safe manner at line speed.
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Skills and Competencies
- Requires full range of body motion: standing, squatting, kneeling, upper body twisting: occasional lifting up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to perform responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Communication / organization, including legible hand writing.
- Basic reading skills
- Evaluation / decision making / prioritizing.
- TEMPERATURE - Will also be exposed to wide variations in temperature, from 70 – 90 degrees F.
- Ability to work with inside conditions that include exposure to moderate noise levels, moderate odor, and presence of animal blood.
1st shift 6:00 am-3:00 pm (Overtime as production demands.)
Alejandro De La Torre
How to Apply - For Internal Members: Log into MyVille. Click on the Member Central link. Click on Home, select Careers and apply for the position titled “Harvest Member First Shift” To access the portal from home- please use portal.ibrat.com.
For External Members: Apply at jobs.johnsonville.com.
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment. M/F/Vet/Disability
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.