Position Function and Scope: Manage the purchasing, supervising and receiving functions of raw products to ensure Del Monte maintains low cost / high quality deliveries of all commodities throughout production areas. Manage the seasonal aspects of raw product harvest, receiving stations, transportation, production demand schedules, pesticide compliance, and raw product delivery schedules, to maximize field and production efficiencies. Manage the development of off-season planting and contracting schedules to further support the company#39;s goals.
* Direct the contracting of Raw Product (Tomatoes, Organic Tomatoes, and Zucchini) in the area to assure necessary quality and quantity
* Manage and schedule the harvesting of raw products to insure optimum quality.
* Supervise pesticide reporting to insure compliance with Del Monte standards
* Recommend pricing of raw products as required to remain competitive and secure requirements
* Oversee operation of receiving stations to insure even flow of raw product and accurate reporting.
* Responsible for scheduling all Raw Product deliveries
* Ensure product safety through development, review, and enforcement of Company Policy.
* Ensure compliance of local, state, federal, and corporate food safety regulatory standards
* Manage compliance requirements for organic certification including grower certifications, pesticide compliance, equipment certification, raw product testing, etc.
* Actively engage with seed manufacturers and suppliers in evaluations and testing of new varieties of tomatoes and zucchini in order to supply the production facility with desirable raw product attributes.
* Review and enforce company quality standards provided by facility, regional, and corporate quality authorities. Qualifications:
* BS/BA degree required. Business or related field preferred.
* Minimum 5-7 years working in agricultural industry is required. Tomato Production experience preferred.
* Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills for working with a range of backgrounds and interests.
* Farming experience including machinery operation and repair, irrigation, greenhouse management, basic pest management and agricultural Best Management Practices.
* Knowledge of basic statistics and experimental design applied to field activities.
* Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative within general company guidelines
* High degree of collaboration within team
* High energy and passionate about agriculture
* Strong organizational skills with good time management
* Computer proficient (Excel, Word, Access) WE OFFER
* Competitive salary.
* Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k). Del Monte Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. ALL RESUMES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH WWW.DELMONTEFOODS.COM TO BE CONSIDERED. (https://www.delmontefoods.com/careers/). Please be advised that your application is not complete until you fill out, sign, and submit an Application for Employment for a specific position for which Del Monte Foods, Inc. is actively recruiting. Your application must reflect that you possess the required qualifications for the position. No sponsorship is available for this position. No agencies or 3rd party vendors. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled