Group Marketing Manager, Foodservice Walnut Creek, CA
Do you have a strong food marketing background, a love for data, and a desire to work on our company#39;s largest core business?
Who We Are
What makes an amazing meal so great? The people who create them - those in kitchens and dining rooms everywhere who work hard to plan, prepare and cook every dish to perfection. They#39;re heroes in our eyes, and it#39;s our job to set them up for success. We are proud of our 85-year history, and we credit success to our startup mentality and strategic focus on providing tasty and innovative products to kitchens, cafeterias, and dining rooms throughout America. Our supportive and collaborative culture is driven by our mission - to make mealtime victories happen every single day.
Where We Are
At our headquarters, you will work in close proximity to Basic American Foods leadership and enjoy our modern and open office space, beautiful views, and open-door policy. Our location is easy to reach, just steps from the Pleasant Hill BART station.
What BAF is Like
As a relatively flat organization, you have a voice from your first day, along with opportunities to explore, learn and develop new skills with challenging and rewarding work. We#39;re focused on your success, both professionally and personally, and we are committed to helping you every step of the way. We are a family-owned, family-friendly company that empowers and supports our employees. We live out our company values and expect all team members to do the same.
Do you want to work on the company#39;s largest core business to flex your strategy, ingenuity, analysis, project management, leadership and team skills? Do you want to be the clear leader in the category? Do you want to work alongside sales with national chain restaurant, on-site dining and distributor customers? Do you thrive in an environment where you can roll up your sleeves and truly make an impact on the business? If so, this Group Marketing Manager role is for you!
Our Food Service team is currently seeking a Group Marketing Manager with proven ability to effectively manage large businesses and work directly with sales and key customers to keep our core business vibrant and relevant. This is a position that works across most of the company#39;s functional teams and is the most important profit driver.
Working closely with Sales, Customers, Supply Chain, R&D, Finance and Marketing, you will optimize the foods, profit and portfolio, while working with sales and customers to increase menu placement and promotion. This is a very team-based and collaborative environment, but you will make recommendations on your business.
With your extraordinary leadership, project management, presentation and analytical skills, you will be responsible for:
- Profitability Management - Manage portfolio of assigned brands and foods to ensure the vitality of the portfolio and achieve budget objectives with focus on profitability expansion (leveraging price, mix, formulation, cost, volume).
- Strategic Planning - Participate in the development of the annual Marketing Plan, bringing recommendations for drivers on assigned product lines based on market opportunity assessment, understanding of core customer segment needs, competitive analysis and clear operator and distributor value proposition. Provide support to the marketing communication team in development and execution of the marketing plan and associated KPIs.
- Operator Customer Segment Marketing Utilizing insights, culinary strategy and product knowledge, work with sales team to lead planning and provide marketing support for K12 segment and core chain restaurant customers, with the objective of increased menu penetration across the full BAF portfolio of foods.
- Product Management - Manage portfolio of assigned brands and foods to ensure the vitality of the portfolio, create opportunities for growth and achieve budget. Key elements are; P&L management, sales analysis and forecasting, supply chain understanding, competitor analysis, category assessment, food positioning, operator value proposition, product formulation, packaging and sales training.
Do You Have the Ingredients to Become a Basic American Foods Hero?
We#39;re Looking for Someone With:
- Passion for our mission to help create mealtime victories with our food, brand and customer experience
- Bachelor#39;s degree required, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of marketing food experience (foodservice experience desired)
- Ability to work and lead autonomously and apply strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills to manage priorities and workflow in a fast-paced environment
- Solid fundamentals: food renovation, line extensions, packaging, P&L, forecasting
- Familiarity with channels: on-site dining, family dining, national restaurant chains
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with large customers
- Love for data (Supply Track, insights, research, sales data)
You#39;ll Love Working Here if You:
- Love what you do, and it shows. The employees who work here are passionate about what they do and proud of the impact we make in the world with our food.
- Are knowledgeable and confident, but never boastful. While we are proud of our company, our team and the products we create, we are humble and down to earth at our core.
- Are looking for a competitive salary and benefits. Including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement plans, paid vacation and sick time, life and disability insurance, and adoption assistance.
At BAF, we are an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and strive to create a supportive and inclusive community of individuals committed to helping each other and our company thrive.
Meet Kim, a Sr. Associate Marketing Manager at BAF!