JOB TITLE: GRAPHICS MANAGER
FSLA STATUS: EXEMPT
REPORTS TO: VP/AGM MARKETING
SunOpta Inc. is a leader in the plant-based foods and beverages, fruit-based foods and beverages, and organic ingredient sourcing industries.SunOpta is focused on sustainability and specializes in the sourcing, processing, and packaging of organic, conventional, non-GMO food products.
SunOpta is looking for talented individuals that demonstrate our most valued behaviors: Passion, Dedication, Speed, Entrepreneurship, Customer-Centricity, and Problem-Solver, to help create a brighter, healthier, and sustainable future of food!
The Graphics Manager position is responsible for the overall ownership, management and execution of comprehensive Brand and Graphic Design projects for SunOpta. They will cross-functionally collaborate to manage the execution of artwork development projects to align with SunOpta and our Customers strategies and timelines. Our customers are a combination of Private Brand Retailers, Food Service operators, and CPG Brand Owners.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Identify and support development of best-in-class design and packaging graphics management processes and approach through process mapping and improvement, SOP creation, and inter-team training.
- Identify the optimal process, technology, and resources needed to meet SunOpta and our customers#39; expectations.
- Organizational Lead to:
- Demonstrate expertise of products, categories, and print requirements to drive speed to market, reduce redundancy, minimize inaccuracy, and drive cost and process efficiencies.
- Establish execution strategies for the introduction of customer new product launches, line extensions, redesigns, product improvement projects, cost-savings projects, and on-pack promotions.
- Delegate job responsibilities among resources (internal and external) and oversee that quality work is being completed within the deadline.
- Supervise and execute activities including creation of packaging graphics, logos, brochures, advertisements, and other forms of visual communication.
Outside agencies and other resources as needed to support project demands.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor#39;s Degree in Design, Graphic Communication, Art, or related major.
Minimum of 7+ years#39; experience in Packaging Graphics with at least 5+ years#39; experience managing other designers. Experience in food industry, preferably Consumer Packaged Goods manufacturing or retail is preferred. Experience in Private Brands is strongly preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and the ability to work effectively across the organization and foster teamwork cross-functionally.
- Strong project management, time management, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with excellent presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective relation building capacity with customers and internal team at different levels in the organization
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of packaging graphics including best practices in technology, usability, and user experience.
- Can interface with customers effectively and with confidence.
- Must be detail oriented and well organized.
- Strong delegation power
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize different tasks.
- Knowledge of FDA, USDA and UPC compliance a plus (knowledge base across all categories).
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Familiarity with both Mac and PC platforms
- Working knowledge in PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Navigational knowledge of Adobe software
Up to 10% travel required to various SunOpta locations and for meetings or other job-related functions and occasional customer visits or industry events.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Approximately 95% of work is done in an office environment; 5% of work may be performed in a manufacturing environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER