The Grain and Feed Merchandiser will be required to learn the company business as it pertains to the Northwest Region Trading Locations, and will be expected to be prepared to assist in all aspects of sales and merchandising. The merchandiser will report to the Northwest Region Feed Business Director.
The merchandiser will work with company personnel to learn the following:
- Merchandising learn concepts of trading, merchandising, and hedging such that he/she can assist in grain and feed merchandising and serve as a backup for sales and merchandising staff.
- Telephone Sales (coordinated with sales force and location managers) Merchandiser will uncover leads and develop relationships with customers to impact commodity sales.
- Quality Assurance (QA) Learn the QA process and understand QA role in attracting and maintaining customers.
- Sales Support Develop skills necessary to support sales force including, but not limited to, purchasing, inventory management, logistics, contracting, and delivery of commodities and finished feed products.
- Customer Appreciation Events Regional and local on-farm events will be necessary.
- Credit Issues Understand the process and become aware of financial risk associated with trading feeds and commodities. Be willing to communicate with customers when accounts receivable are past due.
- Bachelors degree or higher: Agricultural background preferred
- High level of detail, multi-tasking, and problem solving
- Positive, self-motivated individual with organization, communication, and negotiation skills; commitment to continuous learning
- Strong customer service commitment
- Ability to analyze and interpret technical procedures
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor in a fast paced environment
- Base Salary TBD and commensurate with skill and experience levels
- Full Benefits 401K, Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Flex Spending, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage