This position provides strategic and tactical direction to sustainability activities and goals for NewCo and will also have responsibility for managing the enterprise risk and compliance function. The candidate is a strong individual with excellent organization and communication skills, she or he will be joining a new and energetic organization and will work closely with all operational areas of the business, including the Sales/Commercial teams.
The Global Sustainability Manager will report to the General Counsel of NewCo.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Proactive management and effective project delivery of sustainability projects including the sustainable agriculture program focused on corn.
- Provide information, recommendations and guidance to enable NewCo to set sustainability and CSR-related targets and commitments.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop key programs and policies, including community outreach, external partnerships, supplier audits and diversity.
- Ensure timely responses to customer, investors and external stakeholder requests.
- Responsibility for management, co-ordination and action of inquiries received to the corporate CR Inbox.
- Development of consistent response for suppliers, customers and external benchmarking surveys, consistent with contractual agreements.
- Responsible for the management of Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audits (SMETA) through the SEDEX platform to meet customer expectations.
- Responsible for the CDP annual submission.
- Lead role in developing and managing enterprise risk management and compliance programs.
- Educated to degree level, preferably higher degree in a relevant associated discipline, of Sustainability or Corporate Responsibility.
- Experience in representing the company with external third parties/stakeholders is essential.
- Demonstrable experience working with standards and indices in sustainability/CR is essential.
- Operate successfully within complex structures managing and delivering end-to-end work streams/projects to ensure sustainability stands up to external scrutiny.
- 5-10 years professional experience of working in Sustainability/Corporate Responsibility issues.
- Demonstrable experience working in sustainable agriculture and familiar with SMETA audits is preferred.
- Experience managing/advising in connection with risk and compliance matters preferred.
- People leadership as this role will have at least one direct reports
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA")
The Company is committed to complying with the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") and all data privacy and laws in the jurisdictions in which it recruits and hires employees. We collect the following categories of personal information for the purpose of hiring the best qualified applicants and to comply with applicable employment laws: Name and contact information; Job preference and work availability; Social Security Number and/or other identification information; Education and qualifications; Employment history and experience; Military service; Reference and background check information, including relevant criminal history and credit history; Social media information; Pre-employment test results; Post-offer medical examination information and results, including drug test results; Voluntary self-disclosure information regarding minority, veteran, and disability status; and Information provided by you during the hiring process.
Tate & Lyle is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of an inclusive workforce.