The Global Indirect Purchasing Manager is responsible for assigned categories as well as the development of global category strategies and programs to optimize cost, rationalize the supply base and bring value to the Corporation while mitigating risk. This Manager coordinates and leads strategy execution activity and participates in the development of goals, metrics & procurement planning activities.
- Establishes and executes strategies for their categories globally.
- Leads supplier performance management through the negotiations of procured materials and services to assure optimal TCO (Cost, Quality, Delivery, Innovation) is achieved.
- Develops and implements strategies to assure lowest overall cost while mitigating risk to the Corporation.
- Directs the efforts of direct reports and/or more junior employees to establish and maintain reliable sources of supply and supervise the negotiation of procured materials and services.
- Manages and develops personnel and recruitment activity to promote an efficient operation as well as assuring a high level of motivation and morale.
- Promotes high level of customer satisfaction in supporting the needs of Divisional projects and requirements for purchasing guidance & leadership. Engages with senior procurement personnel to ensure category alignment with regional strategies.
- Participates and leads change management efforts while creating true alignment and integration internally as well as externally. Acts as an internal consultant.
- Participates in the financial planning & forecasting process and provides periodic relevant market information and dynamics to internal stakeholders for all global regions.
- Bachelor#39;s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Finance, Accounting or applicable field of study
- Minimum 8 years#39; Purchasing or other relevant Supply Chain experience with at least 4 years of heavy involvement in Procurement
- Minimum 6 years#39; experience managing, executing and/or participating in multiple large or cross functional process improvement projects
- Minimum 5 years#39; experience leading project teams and/or direct reports
- Strong communication and diplomacy skills to guide, influence, and negotiate global suppliers, colleagues in other areas/departments, and external customers/agencies
- Deep knowledge of commodity markets
- At least a basic understanding of material functionality, material flow and handling to optimize supply chain effectiveness
- Sound understanding of how own expertise integrates with the function and basic commercial awareness
- Master#39;s Degree in related field
- Multiple Management Board experience
- Indirect procurement experience
- An understanding of the sourcing process
- Knowledge of key IT areas including sourcing, key supplier profiles and contracting best practices relative to IT categories
- Experience leading across functions and global operating units and cultures
CPM or APICS certification