Griffith Foods is a global manufacturer of food products. We provide a wide range of taste and texture components for food industry customers throughout the world. Our products include seasoning blends, dry mixes, coating systems, dough blends, crumbs, flavors, sauces and food bases that are used in an extensive variety of application from snack foods and processed meat and poultry to ready meals. Our customers include food processors, restaurant operators and grocery retailers. While our name may not be familiar to consumers, our products are key components of foods offered by many of the worlds best-known companies.
The candidate will lead execution of global category strategies related to Capital spend, following a step by step sourcing process.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Following a sourcing process that includes industry and supplier analysis, supplier development, negotiation strategy, sustainability strategies, and ongoing supplier relationship and contract management for the designated global categories in conjunction with the regional business units to ensure global, regional, and local alignment with the strategies.
- The person will be responsible for working with the Engineering group and local teams execution of the strategies agreed to. Primary responsibilities include:
- Sourcing of capital suppliers in conjunction with Engineering,
- Lead the RFP and negotiations process for agreed capital projects
- Identifying opportunities to standardize capital suppliers on similar equipment around the world
- The execution of contracting and ongoing contract performance management
- The candidate will assist with the project budgeting process in conjunction with the engineering teams.
- Providing thought leadership on improving the current global and regional sourcing processes and tools, including the development of tools for the improved tracking, managing, and execution of global/regional sourcing practices
- Developing, preparing, and executing global sourcing events and negotiations in conjunction with engineering.
- Apply legal and ethical behavior to negotiations and supplier relationships.
- Bachelors degree, Engineering or Masters degree a plus.
- Professional certification a plus (CPIM/APICS).
- Bi-Lingual required (English and Spanish).
- 2-5 years experience in Capital sourcing.
- Knowledge of sourcing processes and negotiations practices.
- Knowledge of sourcing strategy and best-practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across geography and functions to influence from the top to the bottom of an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to execute Capital purchasing strategies.
- Proven negotiation experience.
- Proven cross functional project management skills.
- Ability to effectively work remotely and travel to other regions.