Corbion develops sustainable solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations.
As our Global Process Safety Specialist you will be part of the Global Environmental, Health and Safety Department and member of the Global EHS Platform. This position is full-time based and located in Gorinchem, NL and reports to the Global EHS Platform Leader. The main purpose of this position is to provide functional support for all Corbion sites globally, mainly in the domain of process safety, risk assessments, root cause analysis and auditing.
Are you ready for a next challenging step in your career? Here#39;s what your ordinary day as a Global Process Safety Specialist might look like at Corbion while performing the following activities:
- Lower the amount of process safety incidents through process safety risk assessments (HAZOPs or other techniques depending on project and risk level related to bigger investment programs.
- Perform and review RCAs, share the outcomes and learnings and follow-up on efficiency of action plans.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert person related to process safety for all Corbion facilities.
- Develop and support the internal safety auditing process.
To add, you will also be expected to:
- Create and maintain a zero incident culture for Safety and Environment.
- Support the Global Engineering Group in process safety related matters.
- Support the Global EHS Platform Leader in other safety related topics.
In addition to your educational achievements on a Bachelor#39;s or Master#39;s level with a degree in Engineering (chemical, process, mechanical) or (process) Safety, as the successful candidate for the position of Global Process Safety Specialist you will also meet the following criteria:
- At least 10 years#39; experience in (chemical) processes.
- Extensive knowledge of HAZOP or different process risk assessment and evaluation techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of different RCA techniques, including human factor analysis
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Portuguese is desirable as well.
- Willingness to travel internationally frequently (20-30%).
Additional desirable competences we look for employees to be successful in this position are:
- Able to set clear direction.
- Be a strong team player.
- Strong organizer: e.g. manage internal safety audit program, HAZOP planning.
- Very good communicating skills: e.g. leading group sessions with different audience
- Influencer: convince people of different levels to get actions implemented and sustained.
At Corbion, we look for employees who can:
SET CLEAR DIRECTION: Explain clearly where we are heading, why and how we will get there.
MAKE THE DIFFERENCE: Deliver results and quality while managing change.
FOCUS ON CUSTOMERS: Consistently meet the expectations of internal and external customers.
DELIVER THROUGH TEAMWORK: Engage, motivate, challenge and support employees and teams.
We offer competitive remuneration and benefits. What makes Corbion special is the way we consciously create that connection between the product of our work and our individual lives and use it to shape our choices and our priorities as a company. We have a great company made up of talented, dedicated people - people who share a purpose and a vision. When we all understand how we intend to get there in the same way, there#39;s no telling how far we can go. We offer you the chance to join a company with a:
- Culture to empower people and where your initiatives and ideas make a real difference
- International focus with truly diverse teams
- Unique active training program with some international assignment to perform.
- Lastly, we offer a friendly, informal culture in a demanding professional environment
In addition, we actively embrace diversity in how we work together and contribute toward our shared objectives and values. By joining Corbion, you will become an employee in a company where you can feel pride in your achievements and develop your career with global prospects.
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid and its derivatives, and a leading supplier of emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins, and algae ingredients. We use our unique expertise in fermentation and other processes to deliver sustainable solutions for the preservation of food and food production, health, and our planet. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting-edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. In 2019, Corbion generated annual sales of 976.4 million and had a workforce of 2.138 FTE. Corbion is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. For more information: www.corbion.com
Corbion does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. All candidates must be submitted by approved Corbion vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Talent Acquisition team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Corbion Talent Acquisition team and such candidate was submitted to the Corbion Talent Acquisition Team.
Job Segment: Medical, Engineer, Environmental Health & Safety, Nutrition, Medical Device, Healthcare, Engineering