At Corbion, we exist to champion preservation in all its forms, preserving food and food production, health, and our planet.
Corbion#39;s Sustainable Food Solutions (SFS) develops functional ingredients which enhance overall performance of food stuff. What makes us special is that all our ingredient solutionsare based on natural and sustainable resources. We closely collaborate with our customers in co-developing innovativesolutions. We have multi-disciplinary approach towards innovation together with marketing and sales. This is how we contribute to preserving what matters.
As our Global Head of Food Micro and Preservation, you play a key role in the investigation and development of new solutions , driving Corbion#39;s continued growth in the Natural Preservation Business. You lead a team of experts in multiple locations, with focus on both Modelling and Natural Preservation Solutions in the form of functional food ingredients that are key to the safety, shelf life, and overall properties of Food Stuff. You build, maintain, and deliver a robust and effective pipeline of food ingredients.
You achieve your goals by collaborating with (a.o.) internal and external stakeholders: R&D team, BD, Regulatory, IP, Marketing, Data Science, QC/QA, Sales, Customers, and third parties. You report to the VP Innovation Sustainable Food Solutions.
This position can be based in the Netherlands (Gorinchem) or United States (Lenexa, KS).
- Design and Execute the Food Micro & Preservation Strategy and lead the related team in line with the business strategy and nnovation roadmap for the Preservation and Functional Blends of Corbion SFS.
- Play a key role in translating the Business Strategy into the Technology Roadmap, and its execution. Drive the research and exploration of new solutions and the improvement of the existing ones, in order to create profitable growth for Corbion.
- Maintain, strengthen, and safeguard the Preservation and Modeling expertise and competences of the team. Keep the knowledge in the files up to date.
- Contribute to create a culture of high standards performance, curiosity and continuous learning, continuous improvement, knowledge cross-fertilization within and beyond the team.
- Lead the network with external parties (Universities, Research Centers) key to the execution and delivery of the innovation program. Work with third parties to expand and complement the internal competences as needed.
- Support Sales, Application & Technical Service, and Corbion customers for the needs in food applications, trouble-shooting, solution development/understanding, and trainings.
- Contribute to identify new opportunities for growth of Corbion; scouting potential new and existing technologies and their effectiveness in alignment with the business partners to create a robust value proposition.
- Proactively develop the project pipeline in collaboration with the main stakeholders,
- Support Corbion Customers for the needs in food applications, solution development/understanding, and trainings as Subject Matter Expert (SME).
You are an enthusiastic and inspiring leader who embodies our key behaviors of setting clear direction, making the difference, focusing on customers, and delivering through teamwork. In addition you have the following qualifications:
- PhD or MSc in Food Science, Microbiology or equivalent scientific education.
- 15+ years of experience in Food Preservation and/or Modeling with excellent understanding of various Food Application and Food Science.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar managerial position.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Capable to translate scientific and technical knowledge into profitable business opportunities.
- Able to balance, prioritize and act upon both short term and long term opportunities.
- Capable of building trusted relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong team-player skills: build on expertise of others, and able of connecting the dots to drive for success
- Experienced in developing value propositions together with business related area#39;s
- Ability to work in a complex and international matrix organization.
- Passionate about food, food preservation, and innovation.
- Customer focused and solution oriented mindset.
- Pragmatic and can-do mentality.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Creative, innovative and resourceful
- Able to travel up to 30%.
We offer competitive remuneration and benefits.
As a company where day-to-day priorities and decisions are shaped by a shared purpose and vision, we enjoy a working environment energized by empowerment and opportunity. By joining Corbion, you can be part of :
- A culture open to great ideas wherever they come from, and where your work can make a real difference in the world
- An organization that values diversity of thought, background and experience
- A company ready to invest in you, helping you grow toward your personal ambitions
- A workplace that#39;s friendly and informal, while being focused and professional
- An international team small enough to stay agile, but large and talented enough to make an impact today, and for future generations
Our corporate values - Collaboration, Care, Courage and Commitment - define what it takes to overcome obstacles and create the sustainable breakthroughs the world sorely needs. As a member of the Corbion team, you#39;ll see these values put into action every day, and you#39;ll have the chance to make your own unique contribution to our collective achievements.
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid and its derivatives, and a leading supplier of emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins, and algae ingredients. We use our unique expertise in fermentation and other processes to deliver sustainable solutions for the preservation of food and food production, health, and our planet. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting-edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. In 2020, Corbion generated annual sales of 986.5million and hasa workforce of over 2250 employees. Corbion is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. For more information: www.corbion.com
Corbion does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. All candidates must be submitted by approved Corbion vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Talent Acquisition team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Corbion Talent Acquisition team and such candidate was submitted to the Corbion Talent Acquisition Team.
Job Segment: Microbiology, Medical, QA, Quality Assurance, Science, Healthcare, Quality, Technology, Research