Corbion develops sustainable solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations.
We are the global Market Leader in development and production of Lactic Acid and Lactic Acid Derivatives. With our portfolio of sustainable products, we are active in diverse markets such as Food Ingredients, Home & Personal care, Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices, Agrochemicals, Animal Nutrition and Bioplastics.
As our Global Director Regulatory Affairs, you take responsibility for assuring and securing Corbion#39;s license to sell as well as capitalizing on the regulatory landscape as a driver for innovation, in current and future markets for all of our business lines.
Using your strategic vision, technical expertise related to food, biochemicals and polymers as well as extensive regulatory competencies you lead a global team of 10 regulatory compliance professionals across Europe, Asia, North- and Latin-America. Together you enable Corbion to maintain products in the required markets, introduce products in new and existing markets, support innovation and take effective regulatory decisions.
- Manage BU overarching regulatory projects (e.g. SDS, REACH, EPA/FDA/DHS, EFSA/EMA) in order to stay in compliance and look for innovation opportunities based on upcoming regulatory changes.
- Participate in strategy discussions with Industrial Leaders and provide overarching regulatory support with local regulatory team visits.
- Build and maintain a (global) regulatory network (inside and outside Corbion).
- Streamline customer contacts on global and local regulatory subjects.
- Negotiate and manage external requests for access to Corbion studies (e.g. with competitors)
- Lead Corbion global regulatory knowledge center (by e.g. coordinating visits to congresses, events and following news alerts)
- Understand the worldwide Corbion regulatory playing field [including ways to eliminate hurdles], Represent Corbion in a selective number of industrial trade associations
We are looking for an experienced Regulatory leader with technical and strategic and project management competencies.
In addition, a successful candidate meets the following requirements:
- A MSc or PhD degree in C hemist ry, Biotechnology, P harmacology, Toxicology or similar.
- At least 10 years experience in an international RA environment in a variety of markets.
- Up-to-date knowledge of global regulatory legislation in a broad application area ranging from food preservation to biomedical materials..
- Experience in managing international regulatory projects.
- Proven capability to lead and motivate International teams.
- The managerial courage to work in a high-stakes environment as the responsible regulatory subject matters expert.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- The ability to travel globally.
We offer competitive remuneration and benefits. What makes Corbion special is the way we consciously create that connection between the product of our work and our individual lives and use it to shape our choices and our priorities as a company. We have a great company made up of talented, dedicated people - people who share a purpose and a vision. When we all understand how we intend to get there in the same way, there#39;s no telling how far we can go. We offer you the chance to join a company with a:
- Culture to empower people and where your initiatives and ideas make a real difference
- International focus with truly diverse teams
- Unique possibility to be trained by our internal expertise in the world of biobased products.
- Besides training on the job we have a developing plan ready for you. We invest in relevant training courses related to your particular discipline, that will give you the opportunity to grow into an industry expert
- Lastly, we offer a friendly, informal culture in a demanding professional environment
In addition, we actively embrace diversity in how we work together and contribute toward our shared objectives and values. By joining Corbion, you will become an employee in a company where you can feel pride in your achievements and develop your career with global prospects.
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid, lactic acid derivatives, and a leading company in emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins and algae ingredients. Our sustainable ingredient solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. With a worldwide network of production facilities, sales offices and agents in more than 100 countries, Corbion is known for quality, product innovation, and customer orientation, as well as for its collegial, informal and results-oriented company culture.
Corbion does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. All candidates must be submitted by approved Corbion vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Talent Acquisition team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Corbion Talent Acquisition team and such candidate was submitted to the Corbion Talent Acquisition Team.
Job Segment: Biochemistry, Toxicology, Biotech, Agricultural, Medical, Science, Agriculture, Healthcare