Want to deliver the Ultimate Chocolate Experience?
Click Apply to get a taste of how sweet a career at Godiva could be.
Transports and supplies creams to extruder, supplies truffles to feeder device and operates shrink wrap machine when running bulk products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Perform shrinkwrap operator job function.
- Set up and check overall operation to ensure proper wrapping.
- Verify proper film size, load and thread through machine.
- Check codes for proper information and perform HACCP responsibilities.
- Feed truffle balls into feeder device, using earliest day code first.
- Record total weight of truffle balls being enrobed and transfer any un-enrobed portion back to cooler.
- Weigh and record excess chocolate, rework, and scrap when running truffles.
- Assist in removing cream from bowl and feeding into extruder.
- Sift and transport bins of truffle coating ingredients from packing area to enrobing room for reuse.
- Follow all GMP Guidelines
- Back-up for Enrober and Extruder operators
- Back-up material handler
- Back-up plant utility
- Sort and return 031 supplies to appropriate area.
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP), Policies, and GMP s.
- Assure adherence to Food Safety Requirements and Work Instructions.
- Train new employees as required.
- Comply with all safety policies, report safety violations, and attend safety meetings.
- Maintain home department in a clean and orderly manner.
- Perform other related work duties as requested by leader.
- Required to work until end of production shift daily.
- When utility job function is not needed, the utility person will assume packaging duties.
- Performing all machine operator and material handler functions will qualify for that rate of pay.
Some direct supervision of others.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to add and subtract three or more digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10 s and 100 s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed written and oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hand to finger, handle objects. Reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
HEAVY: Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 50 pounds
At Least Once Per Day: Reaching forward > 22 , Kneeling
Sometimes/Up to 2 Hours Per Day: Lifting/Carrying 51-100 pounds, Pushing/Pulling 100+ pounds, Sitting, Climbing Legs Only/Stairs, Squatting, Crouching, Balancing, Writing, Work on Computer
Frequently/2-4 Hours per Day: Reaching Above Shoulders
Routinely/4 + Hours Daily: Lifting/Carrying 26-50 pounds, Standing, Walking, Bending Over, Twisting, and Reading
Vision: Near, Far, Color, Depth Perception
Twisting of Head and Neck
Grasping: Light R, L, Firm R, L
Finger Dexterity: Right, Left
Repetitive Use of Hand: Left and Right
Repetitive Use of Foot: Left and Right
- This position requires high degree of mechanical aptitude.
- This position requires the ability to operate pallet hand jack.
- Perform Under Time Pressure
- Make Independent Decisions
- Variable Type of Work
- Working more than 5 days/week
- Working Overtime
- Work shifts greater than 8 hours
- Afternoon or Night Shift
Rarely/ Once Daily: Humid/Wet, Elevated Work Surfaces, Working Alone
Sometimes/2 hours per day: Temperatures (cold and hot temperatures)
Routinely/4 + Hours Daily: Moving machinery, Noise > 85 dBA
Use of Non-Standard Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)/Frequency:
Routinely/4+ Hours Daily: Hearing Protectors, Rubber Floor Mat
Routinely/4+ hours daily: Slip-resistant shoes
Required Exam Components:
Pre-Assignment:Math Test, Physical Ability Test, Fork Lift Training, Fork Lift Test, Electric Fork Lift License
Periodic/Annual:HACCP Test, Audiometric Test
Godiva and affiliates, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.