Summary: Work safely and observe all plant safety, GMP and food safety rules. Responsible for entry level labor duties which support the production packaging process. Duties will include, but not be limited to cleaning floors and food making equipment, manually loading and unloading raw materials, supplies and related components, provide breaks to operators, operate and monitor machines and equipment and maintain simple paperwork.
Daily and As Required:
1. Follow all safety and GMP rules to assure zero accidents and compliance with food safety regulations.
2. Perform manual labor which supports the continuous operation of the production lines. Such duties may include, but not be limited to:
- Sweeping, mopping and washing of floors and equipment.
- Loading and unloading of equipment, materials, production components and/or raw materials and ingredients.
- Operation of production machines and equipment to provide coverage for machine operators and technicians while on break or absent from work.
- Rotate duties with other workers at other locations in the plant as required.
3. Performs simple quality inspections of product, materials and ingredients to assure
compliance with standards.
4. Maintain simple records and paperwork related to inventory and quality.
5. Performs other duties required of the position or as directed.
6. Perform all TPM activities as required.
1. Work safely
2. Lift up to 50 pounds independently.
3. Perform visual inspections of materials and products.
4. Record simple data on paper and/or via keyboard.
5. Read and understand simple written instructions.
6. Perform other physical tasks which require pushing, pulling, bending, squatting, walking, climbing (stairs and ladders), standing and sitting
7. Able to manipulate hands and fingers to perform a wide array of tasks including grasping of objects and other fine movements.