The information contained within this description is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed. This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive account of all the responsibilities.
We are an innovative produce company that is driven to change the course of agronomics, harvesting, distributing, and packaging techniques, creating exceptional practices far beyond industry standards. We has an immediate need for an energetic and self-directed General Manager/Plant Manager that is driven to assist in achieving these goals.
As an integral part of the executive team, the successful candidate will be a responsible for all aspects of operational performance culminating with the financial performance of the plant as measured by Revenue, Profitability, and cash flow. The GM is expected, to exhibit strong leadership characteristics, take ownership and accountability for performance and achieve attainment of all revenue, profitability and financial goals and targets. The GM is expected to ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures, safety and regulatory requirements. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn the entire process from sales to delivery and constantly be looking and working with the team for improvements from harvest, packing, to shipping operations with focus on efficiency and customer satisfaction at every step.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide clear leadership and direction to direct reports by:
- providing specific, actionable expectations to staff;
- building consensus to achieve expected outcomes;
- following up on assigned actions; and
- providing feedback and advice to ensure continuous development of individuals
- Communicate effectively to ensure:
- a clear understanding of expectations and assignments
- alignment to assigned actions and outcomes
- strong working relationships between farm operations, sales, and finance
- Analyze and evaluate operational and performance metrics to identify issues and barriers requiring corrective action utilizing the system tools:
- Daily Management reports;
- Monthly financial reports;
- Sales Forecasts to plant packing plan
- Develop plans and strategies to achieve overall site goals, objectives and targets for responsible areas/departments with specific deliverable dates
- Demonstrate expert knowledge in the areas of business acumen, leadership, facility capabilities and management control metrics and systems for operations, quality, engineering, procurement, program management, finance and human resources
- Effectively utilize information technology tools, which include internal knowledge sharing and general administrative expectations
- Provide specific direction and communicate actions needed to the site team to address performance, schedule and quality issues including assigned timelines for completion of actions
- Provide guidance and build consensus for actions to be taken by direct reports to address issues and barriers in an expedited time frame to achieve desired outcomes
- Systematically follow-up with team members to ensure agreed actions are taken and to make necessary revisions/adjustments to actions
- Deal with sales/customer requests and issues in a method that reconciles customer needs and Corporate requirements
- Utilize strong problem-solving and decision-making skills to effectively deal with organizational, operational and financial issues that impact attainment of site goals, targets and objectives
- Promote LEAN manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives in process and packing execution; for fostering a dynamic culture of change in a safe and environmentally-sound facility.
- Develop plans and strategies to achieve overall site goals specific to right sized automation to maximize consistent throughput tied to the sales plan. In all cases a return-on-investment calculation will need to be developed along with recommendations
- Develop staffing forecasts for the plant and lead the hiring strategy and process.
- Achieve aligned financial and operational goals defined for the organization
- Ensure efficient packing plan tied to sales long term and short term forecast
- Meet delivery and quality expectations of customers
- Manage overhead, inventory and production costs in alignment with revenues
- Drive a culture of lean / continuous improvement
- Provide safe and environmentally sound operation of the facility
- Ensure service meets customer expectations; maintain/improve customer relationships
- Direct all activities at the facility
- Represent the facility/company in dealings with farming partners and suppliers
- Authorize, or delegate, all personnel actions
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge and experience in manufacturing processes and techniques
- Strong leadership, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in MS Office. Strong skills and experience with Excel
- Recommend experience with a production control software system.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent experience.
- LEAN Six/Sigma Training preferred
- Five years minimum experience in manufacturing general management role.
Safety –We enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements.
Quality - It is our policy to consistently provide products that meet or exceed customer expectations.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to his/her job.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.