Come contribute…. in a very meaningful way…..to our 100 year young organization……We are a world class provider of dairy products and ingredients because of our people and our suppliers. Our organization exists to provide our customers with value added dairy products and customer service. Innovation is at the core of existence and we provide high quality products thru our supply chain. If you are an effective leader with experience in a dairy manufacturing environment….we would like to talk to you.…. Our plant Manager would need experience in developing and mentoring people, a good leader, and a change leader. We are proud of our people and their contributions in delivering products that we are very proud to serve to our family and yours! We are involved in our local communities by supporting fund raising and donating time and talents.
This role is located in Central Wisconsin.
- Supervising production associates in an appropriate manner regarding all aspects of production activities, including, prioritizing duties, delegating work assignments, and scheduling employees to optimize production and sanitation functions, as necessary.
- Ensuring all quality standards and procedures are maintained. Administers all quality procedures, GMPs, environmental sanitation and housekeeping.
- Union experience a plus.
- Manage the plant including Maintenance, EHS, HR and provide quality produced and inspected products.
- Assisting in developing and appropriately implementing operational strategic plans, policies and practices to meet, quality, food safety, capacity, service and financial/cost/budget expectations
- Participating on cross-functional teams to build a culture of operational excellence and innovation in the areas of processing, methods, productivity, Good Manufacturing Practices, safety and quality.
- Establishing, monitoring and leading efforts to meet key performance metrics.
- Aligning all manufacturing-related activities appropriately to meet corporate supply chain requirements.
- Overseeing the appropriate training of new and present employees in the processes and methods required to achieve our standards for quality, quantity, and safety.
- Overseeing and coordinating activities of the environmental sanitation programs in compliance with state and federal regulations
- Coordinating special plant-wide functions such as production planning and/or scheduling, sanitation, safety, etc., as assigned.
- Evaluating processes and methods, to make appropriate recommendations to continuously improve methods, equipment performance, utilization of people, and quality of product and safety objectives.
- Acting as a technical resource to address and resolve inquiries and problems regarding production, quality and work problems as appropriate.
- Ensuring the completion of all required production paperwork including, records, inventory, inspection, sanitation reports, processing/CIP charts and maintenance work orders.
- Administration of related company policies and procedures, including OSHA and safety.
- Being actively involved in safety efforts including, attending safety meetings, incident investigations, assisting in root cause analysis, auditing, as assigned.
Education, Experience, Skills:
- This position requires at least 5 years of experience in Food OR Dairy Manufacturing and a college degree; either a BS or AS Degree.
- Leadership and communication skills.