CSS Farms is a multi-state agricultural business with a mission of Growing Great Together. We achieve our vision by leading the way in stewardship and solutions for every field, every load, every day.
At CSS Farms we take great pride in doing the job right and believe our best work is achieved when we work together. Farming is our way of life, we have a deep passion for the land, our families, and our communities. Our legacy is rooted in solving hard problems and tackling new business ventures.
The General Manager leads farming operations in Texas which includes approximately 7,500 potato acres including three farming operations, R&D test plots, and joint ventures. This role is key to maintaining positive landlord relationships, supply chain management and general management responsibilities including P&L responsibility of the region. Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, the role will directly supervise Farm Managers and a Regional Agronomist as well as collaborate with other General Managers, Sr. Director of Agronomy, and senior leadership.
The primary responsibility of this position is to efficiently manage farming operations to ensure excellent customer and vendor satisfaction, so that the region meets its financial goals and objectives.
- Lead Farm Managers and a Regional Agronomist; serve as point person for operational and production-based decision making on the farms
- Build crop and variety plans by location
- Ensure best agronomic, operational, and storage management practices are being implemented and executed across all locations by working with on-site managers to produce high quality crops
- Maintain and grow relationships with community partners and landowners to insure adequate suitable land is available for potato production and ensure a sustainable crop rotation is being utilized to promote yield and quality targets
General Management Responsibilities
- Responsible for regional P&L, execution of business model, and strategic objectives
- Assist site managers in developing annual budgets and proposing capital expenditures
- Oversee customer service and support through interaction, field visits, coordinating shipments, logistical solutions, and meeting customer demands
- Develop industry relationships, and promote CSS Farms
- Provide leadership in the areas of safety, HR, and other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated strong work-ethic, outstanding leadership ability and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Master#39;s degree in an Agricultural related field of study or an MBA
- 10+ years of progressive management experience in a related role within agriculture, food manufacturing or other related industry
- At least 5 years progressive experience working with full life cycle of potato crops and demonstrated strategic management of irrigated crops
- Self-directed individual who leads projects to identify and implement solutions with team input
- Demonstrated financial management experience and budgeting skills
- Adaptability to changing situations and the ability to perform multiple tasks with multiple priorities
- Proficient in the use of Windows based computer programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint) and a general aptitude with software systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to train and work with operational personnel on the farm
- Superior organizational and project management skills and experience leading and managing people
- Ability to acquire and hold a valid US driver#39;s license and successfully pass vehicle insurance verification
- Ability to comprehend, read, write, and communicate proficiently in English and interact with all levels of the organization.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Market competitive salary
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision coverage as outlined in the company benefits overview
- Flex spending account for out-of-pocket medical expenses
- 401(k) plan options
- Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance
- A competitive self-managed PTO program
CSS Farms is an EOE.
CSS Farms expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.