GENERAL MANAGER POSITION
BASIC JOB DESCRIPTION:
General Manager is primarily responsible for managing staff and overseeing all aspects of operations within the Company. They are expected to use discretion and judgment to plan, develop, direct, and coordinate the operations of the company, including formulating policies and managing daily operations. The General Manager position is primarily responsible for supervising their staff by ensuring optimal job performance, safety, recruiting, hiring, training, coaching, disciplining, termination, and enforcing all Company policies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Ensure the Company is meeting its strategic objectives and provide leadership that promotes team work within the Company.
- Use discretion and judgment to plan, develop, direct, and coordinate the operations of the Company.
- Provide regular reports to the Corporate Management of the Company regarding all aspects of the Company.
The General Manager position is primarily responsible for supervising their staff by ensuring optimal job performance and safety; manage all aspects of recruiting, hiring, interviewing, training, coaching, disciplining, termination, performance management and review and enforcing all Company policies.
- Assign and direct the work of their staff, develop performance standards and supervise employee training.
- Manage employee productivity and efficiency and recommend promotion, demotion, or other changes.
- Complete and administer annual reviews and other reviews as determined appropriate.
Enforce and uphold all company policies and ensure employee safety.
- Oversee employee training and develop strategies to ensure employees make safety a top priority at all time
Communicate with staff and management in a professional and appropriate manner and foster the same among the staff.
- Respond to employee complaints and coordinate with Human Resources, when appropriate, regarding workplace concerns and investigations.
- Ensure the Company responds lawfully to all workplace issues, complaints and concerns.
- This position must recap daily activities as well as the following day plans primarily via email to the pre-determined distribution list; at the conclusion of each work day and prior to 8:00PM Pacific Standard Time.
- The daily recap of activities is measured by the timely and consistent receipt of the recap by all those listed on the pre-determined distribution list. The primary method of recapping daily activities will be via email.
5. Profitability and Sales:
General Manager is responsible for the profitability and sales of their group and must devise strategies and budgets for the efficient operations of their group.
- Manage their group to meet the Company’s strategic plans and goals as set by the Company.
- Establish sales goals and develop plans to achieve them while also ensuring the Company’s business plans are achieved.
- Review and control flow and distribution of inventories at levels to assure proper service frequencies are met.
- Increase market share through managing and directing sales.
- Evaluate production and sales information and records to develop strategies for staff to maximize sales activities.
- Encourage development of good sales techniques.
- Manage productivity and sales information for weekly review.