Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 13 bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
Ensuring food quality along with standard productivity.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Make sure that you have all the supplies needed at start up
- Assist Machine Operator to ensure packaging equipment is packing to standard
- Manage rework in the event of equipment downtime
- Work closely to Machine-operator/Boxer during flavour changes
- Ensure your work area is clean and organized during and at the end of your shift
- Ensure that all employees are aware of their responsibilities specific to food safety, legality and quality
- Adhere to all applicable job procedures as outlined in SOP manual
- Adhere to GMP s and Health and safety rules as outlined in employee handbook
- Keep work area clean and clear of hazards
- Report any unsafe conditions, incidents or injuries to Supervisor immediately
- Use all prescribed personal protective equipment
- Ensure GMP s and safe food handling practices are being followed
- All tools to be cleaned and maintained in good repair. Report any broken, damaged, or missing tools to your supervisor. Do not discard any damaged or broken tools.
- Follow all GMPs including maintaining personal hygiene, handwashing/sanitizing hands, clean up spills (ie: ingredients, water, debris and wood)
- Report any foreign material findings to your supervisor
- As part of food security, report any unusual people or behaviours to your supervisor
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Must work with speed and accuracy to keep up with the production process
- Service oriented --- high need to please
- Level headed -- does not overreact under stress
- Effective communicator
- Team player
- Must be dependable
- Must have excellent attendance and work habits
- GMP and safety awareness
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
- High school diploma or equivalent
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The majority of work in the bakery requires employees to stand on their feet for the entire 8-12 hour shift
- Physical demands may also include reaching, bending, walking, lifting (up to a maximum of 50lbs) and performing repetitive actions
- Please refer to the PDA for all physical requirements of this position
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 24 hour/ 7 day manufacturing operation
- The temperature of the environment within the production area can range from 58 - 80 degrees farenheit depending on the department
- The production areas are often loud, exceeding 85 decibels, due to the machinery that is running; earplugs are required to be worn while in the bakery at all times
- Depending on position, some employees may be exposed to dust; dust masks and respirators are available if required
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.