Chicago Meat Authority (CMA) is proud to have celebrated 31 years in the food industry. Located in Chicago’s historic Stockyards, CMA is a forward thinking processor of value added beef, pork, and poultry items with a strong focus on selling the Healthcare, Hotel, and Institutional Markets (HRI), meat purveyors, and Multi-unit regional and national chains up to and including big box stores. In addition, CMA specializes in custom cuts for further processors including but not limited to grinding operations, deli manufacturers, and the prepared entrée market.
CMA is seeking General Laborers for our meat processing facility.
What You Get To Do
- Open and load meat onto a conveyor table.
- Use a scale to weigh product according to specifications.
- Pack product according to specifications in either boxes or bags.
- Ensure the product is packed using the correct packaging labels and packaging materials.
- Ensure packaged box or bag is in good condition.
- Utilize Cryovac or other machines to pack product.
- Palletize boxes.
- Flip product from baskets to combos.
- Marinate product.
- Operate a grinder.
- General housekeeping and other duties, as assigned.
What We Want From You
- You will need to work overtime, when necessary, including occasional Saturdays.
- You are required to wear all personal protective equipment.
- You must be able to lift up to 60 pounds and push up to 60 pounds depending on specific function being performed.
- Ability to crouch and bend.
- Ability to work with cold or frozen materials in a cold environment.
- Meat processing, food processing, and/or other refrigerated manufacturing experience preferred.
- At least one year of continuous experience in each of your previous jobs preferred.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Follow all safety regulations and support others in working safely.
- Follow all CMA policies and procedures.
What We Value
- Productivity and a strong attention to detail.
- Great work ethic and respect for the company and coworkers.
- A sense of urgency.
- Good communication skills.
- Individuals looking to learn and advance in their careers – there are many opportunities for advancement to other roles such as butchers, trimmers, saw operators, and forklift drivers.
We Are Winning When
We follow and are guided by our mission and we demonstrate our values every day!
"To be the preferred supplier of our customers, the preferred customer of our strategic suppliers, and a model employer in our industry."
Chicago Meat Authority, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.