General Laborer- Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Do you have an interest in making a difference at a privately held company that is committed to quality, employee development, and technical excellence? Basic American Foods, family owned and operated since 1933 and a market leader and innovator in shelf stable food products within the foodservice industry, is looking for a reliable, team focused, motivated Semi-Truck Driver to support our Central Distribution Center in Idaho Falls. The current opening is primarily stationed in Shelley and will be driving a Yard Hostler. The job will consist of moving trailers in/out and to/from locations in Shelley. You must be able to operator a forklift as this is a major part of the job.
Who We Are
What makes an amazing meal so great? The people who create them-those in kitchens and dining rooms everywhere who work hard to plan, prepare and cook every dish to perfection. They#39;re heroes in our eyes, and it#39;s our job to set them up for success. We are proud of our 85-year history, and we credit success to our startup mentality and strategic focus on providing tasty and innovative products to kitchens, cafeterias, and dining rooms throughout America. Our supportive and collaborative culture is driven by our mission-to make mealtime victories happen every single day.
Where We Are
Our locations in Southeast Idaho provide the family-friendly feel of a small town with plenty of nearby nature to explore. This area is perfect for the outdoor activities lover and is only a short distance from two national parks!
What BAF is Like
As a relatively flat organization, you have a voice from your first day, along with opportunities to explore, learn and develop new skills with challenging and rewarding work. We#39;re focused on your success, both professionally and personally, and we are committed to helping you every step of the way. We are a family-owned, family-friendly company that empowers and supports our employees. We live out our company values and expect all team members to do the same.
Do you have an interest in making a difference at a privately held company that is committed to quality, employee development, and technical excellence?
Basic American Foods, family owned and operated since 1933 and a market leader and innovator in shelf stable food products within the foodservice industry, is looking for a team focused, motivated General Laborer
Maintain sanitary conditions and appearance in the warehouse and keep bacteria at acceptable levels. Must be comfortable with operating a forklift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Protect yourself and others. Assist with team safety performance by using the SAFE Process, participation in regular safety meetings, participation in regular safety/sanitation inspections, and maintaining orderliness of work areas. Ensure proper Lock, Tag and Try of equipment.
- Protect the customer. Manage product quality by adherence to product specifications, GMP#39;s & Sanitation Guidelines, FM prevention, HACCP and assisting with inline routine sanitation, area sanitation & tool inspection. Responsible for segregating non-conforming product.
- Performs cleaning with the use of high-pressure hoses and cleaning agents on machinery, product belts, floors, pipes and walls. Also performs dry cleaning where applicable.
- Observes all machinery for safe operations in the assigned area.
- Observe all machinery for trouble spots in assigned area.
- React positively to change.
- Demonstrate a daily commitment to the Continuous Improvement Process.
- Protect production capacity.
Must be willing to work rotating shift work
- Beyond our commitment to quality and convenient products, we provide a culture where employees are valued and supported in meeting their career goals. Top performers are offered opportunities for progression and promotions.
- Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to talk and hear in both an office environment and a loud environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At BAF, we are an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and strive to create a supportive and inclusive community of individuals committed to helping each other and our company thrive.